Night out advice?

Pipaluk

I will be skinny!
It is my 18th birthday on Thursday, so of course I am getting dragged out for a meal and around town on the Friday with friends and family. I am slightly worried, as I get weighed on a Monday I won't have much time to work off what I have gained. I really want to go out and enjoy myself I just have a fear of having a huge gain! It's not so much the food part I am worried about, we're going for a Thai meal which won't be too bad it's the alcohol. I was reading about how many calories drinks contain and I was shocked, also that drinking dehydrates you and tends to make you retain water. If anyone has any tips on how to try minimize the damage ..I will greatly appreciate them :) xx

I am interested that you use the term "dragged out". Are you sure you want to go? Would you rather do something else? It's your birthday!

The best way to minimize the damage from alcohol is not to drink any! If you don't want to abstain completely, then have drinks diluted with soda water or free fizzy drinks or diet tonic. Or alternate between alcoholic drinks and soft drinks. You will feel better for it in the morning.

Whatever you decide - have a good time. You are only eighteen once!!

Happy Birthday!!!!
Maybe you could tell a friend that you trust, who will be with you most of the night and see if they could get you your drinks but without the alcohol. Or order your own drink, I know that can be hard when people want to spoil you though. And drink them slowly, that way you can say 'I've already got one' or 'I've got three, maybe when I've finished them all'
And bars always give out free tap water!
Hope you have a lovely time after all its 1 week and a very special one at that!!!

It might be a time for "flexible syns" - estimate your drinks and food syn values for the night, and go with the flow, but get back on plan the next day; you might not get a loss on Monday, but you will the next week if you stick to the plan after that. At the end of the day, you need to fit these occasions into your life and enjoy yourself a bit; it's just about not letting one night out leading to overeating all week/month/year - it has taken me 6 months to work this out!!! There will always be birthdays, xmas, bank holidays, summer holidays ....the list goes on, but if you eat on-plan most of the time, special occasions will not have too much impact, and your life will still be enjoyable. Whatever you do, have some fun for your 18th - dont let it all be about food & drink :D

Thank you for the birthday wishes and advice :) I am going to try save up my syns all week (advised by my leader) and drink water in between drinks as well to keep myself from getting dehydrated. xx

Back