Night shift advice!

beauty is...

Hello!
I'll be doing my first 12hour nightshift tonight after having 7months off sick...I just wonder how people plan their eating? Previously, I'd eat all my meals in the day - I don't sleep so it's difficult to just turn day into night food wise - then sit down to cooked food, supplied by work...it's all fortified food to help people stay nourished so not at all SW friendly. I'm not sure I can go all night with nothing! Maybe I'll just take some picky free food. X

Hey why not make some breakfast muffins or scotch eggs an take a few hi fi bars an if you have saved your syns take something to have when you get your break like a small chocolate bar that way you won't be tempted to dig in to the staff biscuits

I would get some of the Noodle Mug Shots, they're only 50p in Asda, free so you can have as many as you like, and good for satisying a snacky hunger craving.

Thank you! I ended up buying a pack of cooked chicken and a pack of mini cucumbers to nibble on through the night...and forgot to put them in my bag!! However, I found some salad and cold meat and some boiled eggs so had that instead. Also managed to lay off the lurpak on toast that the rest of the staff tucked into this morning (how inconsiderate!) And a banana instead!
I like the idea of a chocolate bar for in the night - there's a definite 3am slump and need for a quick fix so I think I'll do that next week x

Back