Night shifts help??

Discussion in 'Exante - Total Solution 100%' started by parkerr, 30 July 2011 Social URL.

1. parkerr

parkerr Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hello everyone i am due to start my 3 nights shifts on Monday and i am dreading it as i do not know how i am going to cope. Does anyone do nights and have they got any tips for me?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I just treat my night shifts like normal days. I count my day as starting when I get up and ending when I go to bed and have a pack when I get up, one before work and one at work

4. parkerr

parkerr Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thank you Starlight i will take that into account

5. determinator

determinator Banned

I know what you mean , I work 2 nights .. and the day between them isnt a problem , but the day before my first one I am up all day with the kids then at work all night .. so I normally end up having 4 products on my first day ..... I am working sunday night so will have a shake at lunch time , one at tea time , one just before I go to work , one on my break at 3am , then i try and go to bed when I get in and not have another till I get up at tea time ...... I have never found having 4 products effects my weight loss and it doesnt knock me out of ketosis :D

hope you work out whats best for you x

6. parkerr

parkerr Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Fab, i have so much energy today so its time to go back to work :) i took off a week to get into the programme as couldnt face doing 12 and half hour days or nights being exhausted and i am pleased i did. One thing im not looking forward to is the talking to patients with my manky breath ha ha ha

7. tubbynomore

tubbynomore Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(16.9%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Hi I'm a nurse, I haven't started yet will be ordering online after tomorrow (payday)! I was wondering about the bad breath are we allowed sugar free gum like Extra? I am always conscious of my breath because of the close proximity to my patients.

Ali xx

8. determinator

determinator Banned

Afraid sugar free gum is a no no :( you can use goldspot spray or I buy mint listerine strips off eBay ( some chemists sell them or similar ones called nuphar but not found any in my area )

9. desperate2Bslim

desperate2Bslim Reaching the goal

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(46.28%)
    Diet:
    Acai Slim
    I agree, treat night shift as a regular day shift. It's a bit hard at first because we need to adjust our body clock. But night shift is really cool. You can still do a lot of things during daytime.

10. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Officially no we're not but its up to you if you want to try it. I have sugar free gum I must admit and so far, no problems.

Remember though not everyone gets ketosis breath and its not permanent :)

11. Paragee

Paragee Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(12.81%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    I must say that I chain-eat sugar-free Polos on day and night shifts because I'm so paranoid about my breath - I've not had any adverse effects from doing so, but I can't speak for everyone.

And I must also say (having worked some 13hr night shifts recently) that this diet is a god-send - didn't feel hungry the entire shift. Amazing!

Did feel constantly thirty though, but that's far easier to deal with when you're busy - assuming you don't forget where you've left your water bottle.

12. tubbynomore

tubbynomore Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(16.9%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Thank you for your advice and tips. I'm glad there shouldn't be any hunger issues but drinking water is my downfall. Working in the community I have limited toilet stops!

Ali xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.