• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Night shifts help??

parkerr

parkerr

Thank you Starlight i will take that into account

I know what you mean , I work 2 nights .. and the day between them isnt a problem , but the day before my first one I am up all day with the kids then at work all night .. so I normally end up having 4 products on my first day ..... I am working sunday night so will have a shake at lunch time , one at tea time , one just before I go to work , one on my break at 3am , then i try and go to bed when I get in and not have another till I get up at tea time ...... I have never found having 4 products effects my weight loss and it doesnt knock me out of ketosis :D

hope you work out whats best for you x

Fab, i have so much energy today so its time to go back to work :) i took off a week to get into the programme as couldnt face doing 12 and half hour days or nights being exhausted and i am pleased i did. One thing im not looking forward to is the talking to patients with my manky breath ha ha ha

Fab, i have so much energy today so its time to go back to work :) i took off a week to get into the programme as couldnt face doing 12 and half hour days or nights being exhausted and i am pleased i did. One thing im not looking forward to is the talking to patients with my manky breath ha ha ha
Hi I'm a nurse, I haven't started yet will be ordering online after tomorrow (payday)! I was wondering about the bad breath are we allowed sugar free gum like Extra? I am always conscious of my breath because of the close proximity to my patients.

Ali xx

nursetubs said:
Hi I'm a nurse, I haven't started yet will be ordering online after tomorrow (payday)! I was wondering about the bad breath are we allowed sugar free gum like Extra? I am always conscious of my breath because of the close proximity to my patients.

Ali xx
Afraid sugar free gum is a no no :( you can use goldspot spray or I buy mint listerine strips off eBay ( some chemists sell them or similar ones called nuphar but not found any in my area )

I agree, treat night shift as a regular day shift. It's a bit hard at first because we need to adjust our body clock. But night shift is really cool. You can still do a lot of things during daytime.

Ali xx
Officially no we're not but its up to you if you want to try it. I have sugar free gum I must admit and so far, no problems.

Remember though not everyone gets ketosis breath and its not permanent :)

I must say that I chain-eat sugar-free Polos on day and night shifts because I'm so paranoid about my breath - I've not had any adverse effects from doing so, but I can't speak for everyone.

And I must also say (having worked some 13hr night shifts recently) that this diet is a god-send - didn't feel hungry the entire shift. Amazing!

Did feel constantly thirty though, but that's far easier to deal with when you're busy - assuming you don't forget where you've left your water bottle.

Thank you for your advice and tips. I'm glad there shouldn't be any hunger issues but drinking water is my downfall. Working in the community I have limited toilet stops!

Ali xx