Niki's journey from scruffy to sophisticated!!

Nikie

Silver Member
Hello all,

Well I thought it would be a good idea to keep a diary of my weight loss journey for a number of reasons.
When I feel like cheating (if that time comes) it will be good to have something to focus on. It'll be something to look back on when I reach the end of this journey or perhaps mid points where I start to struggle......it will be good to look back and remind myself why I am doing this and hopefully 'remotivate' myself. I feel so motivated right now its hard to imagine not being, but as someone who lost 3st and then gained 3st7lb on WW I think it's safe to say that changes need to be made.....

I am currrently on day 2 of SS. My fiance is doing the CPD also, but unfortuantely (you may have seen my previous posts) he is quite ill and not doing well. We are trying to establish if he has a bug or whether the sachets are affecting him in a bad way.

But with the greatest of respect to him, this diary is going to be (mainly) about me!

I am pleased to have started the plan on a thursday - today is my 2nd day and I am starting to feel ever so slightly headachey and a little light headed.....just need to cope through the day at work and then I can spend the next two days at home, relaxing and becoming accustomised to the diet. I am hoping that by Monday I will be full of energy and feeling great (day 5) although I do appreciate that this happens at different times for different people. Fingers crossed!

I am currently 13st10lbs and looking for a goal of 9st7lb. I am 5'2. I have my 30th at the end of November and to be 11st for that would be amazing!

Right....let's do this!!

Thanks for reading.

Niki

Hi Niki - welcome to CD! Congrats on having made it through 2 days - just another day or so to go before you're in ketosis - Yay! This diet really works - you'll see when you get to your first weigh-in - and the continuous losses every week are so very motivating! As are the diaries and support you find on this forum. :) Good luck!

Hi tizzy! This forum has helped already.....i did a lot of research here before I officially signed up! It's thanks to everyone's inspirational stories and photos that I am here!

I have been so miserable. My confidence is at an all time low. I have been on holiday to both Dubai and America over the last 8 months and don't have any pics of me because I hated how I looked. Aiming to get healthy, feel great and go on a nice holiday next year as a reward!

Today is day 3 and going surprisingly well! I took my measurements earlier so I can keep track of them. Also need to take a 'before' picture today!

Im feeling great as haven't had alcohol since Wednesday night, have done three wash loads already today and there's barely any washing up to do as we haven't been using any plates etc!!!! I know I need to keep myself busy...... Going to have a bath this afternoon (normally jump in the shower!) and then give myself a manicure and paint my toe nails!

Honestly, I know the diet is expensive but we aren't spending out for extra food/booze, I'm keeping the house tidy to keep busy and I'm spending more time on ME! So far, so good!!

Wow you are doing really well - good for you! Bet you're looking great with your nails all polished! :)

I know people say this diet is expensive, but I just don't see it. When I wasn't on the diet I was drinkiing a couple of bottles of wine a week, had takeout at least once a week, not to mention going out for drinks with friends, etc. I suspect I have cut my spending by somewhere between a third to a half of what it was before. When I come off, I am not sure that the amount will go back to what it was - I will be drinking less alcohol for starters - but I will also be spending on good quality veg and fruit, good cuts of meat. Am sure it'll all work out in the end, as I'll be eating less as well. :)

Enjoy your weekend and your lovely clean house and clothes!

Tizzy, I was adding up in my head last night and I am saving money on this diet! Result! And it's not like I'll have to go out and buy loads of new clothes when I reach goal because I literally have two wardrobes worth of size 10 clothes that will SEEM like new! (although I will buy a few bits obviously!!)

Soooo......day 4 and it's not terrible! I woke up with bad headache, shoved down some pain killers and am as good as new! Feeling hungry earlier, but drank more water and hunger went ... Just goes to show eh!!

I turn 30 in November and I'm having a big party......it's black and white theme, very sophisticated (hence the name of this diary!) and I'm having a fabulous black and white birthday cake being made and gorgeous black and white cupcakes and everyone has to wear black/white and basically its going to be fabulous. Except, right now I hate the way I look so much, I don't even like going for drinks after work with my skinny mates! So the invites are out.....too late to just stay home and watch tv and eat junk in my pj's so I either lose some weight or feel uncomfortable for the whole night. This is constantly going through my head and therefore I am soooo motivated to do this! I know a time will come when I will feel like giving up and that's when I need you lovely people to help me! Some of the people coming to my party I won't see again now until the night of my party (they live abroad/different counties etc) so it will be amazing to see their reactions to my fab new bod!

Also, I have a black tie event the weekend before my birthday so will be lovely to get down to 11st by then....we've gone every year for the last 4 years and I've never been below 12st for it! The aim is to actually buy one of the pictures that we get taken at the beginning of the night without looking at it and cringing!

These events happen every year, but.......(how to explain this without completely outing myself?!) basically it's an awards event....and this year it looks like my fiances company will win the biggest award.....so I really want to look nice for it as there will be many photographs! But of course, my 30th only happens once so the following weekend is a much bigger deal to me ;)

I hope that goes some way to explaining my intentions and PLEASE remind me of this if I ever come on here tempted to cheat or give up! Be harsh to me when I need it.....I have thick skin and I WILL appreciate it!!!!

Thanks for reading!

Nik

Found you!! Will have a read now x

Niki stumbled across you as I see Fran has found you too.

I'm also in Surrey / Grt London, and 5'2". I'm hoping to be at goal by Nov as my son turns 1 then. Anyhow good luck I'll keep popping in.

Hi!!! Wow, you are doing SOO great! I see your goal is much less than mine althought we are the same height....was wondering whether I might want to be smaller than 9.7 but it's my first target and I was pretty happy when I was 9.7 previously so we'll see! My starting weight is a lot higher than yours.....my first aim is to get to 11st for Nov! I'm going to try so hard as I really want to look nice for the events I have coming up then!

Please do keep checking in.....I really hope I have similiar losses to you!

Hiya Nikie
I look forward to reading your diary. You'll do great as you have such a good reason for doing this. You'll look fab at your 30th x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hey Nikie - sounds like you have some wonderful things to look forward to! The black & white party sounds fabulous! I hope you'll post some pics afterwards. It seriously helps to have something to look forward to - for me it was visiting my family in the US this summer. I didn't tell anyone what I was doing and boy, were they surprised when I showed up! It felt really good and was quite funny at times cause it took them a few days to get used to the new silhouette. :)

Several people have changed their goal weight (including me). When I set my first goal (10st10) I don't think I really believed I could achieve it. Then as I got much closer to it, I told my CDC that I wanted to lose more as I knew at the goal weight I would still have too much abdominal fat. I went on a long vacation and have now (since last week) started Phase 2 with a new goal (9st9). You will know as you get close to your current goal whether or not you are happy and healthy at that weight or you want to lose more.

Thanks Wannabe! The support here is immense.....I am lucky that my partner is doing SS + at the same time. We got up this morning and I packed him his shakes, shaker and hand blender and two large bottles of water! He actually looks loads thinner in the face already - he went on scales first thing this morning (in his pants!) and according to the scales he's lost 5 kilos in 5 days! Our actual weigh in is an evening and obviously fully clothed (!) so it will be more weigh he gets weighed in but its so nice that he can see the weight dropping off already! His face and belly look loads thinner to me already!

Day 5 - back at work (actually at work at the moment, good thing I have office to myself!) and feeling great! I'm about to go and make the porridge for the first time....wish me luck! Haven't had it yet because we don't have a microwave at home, so I was saving for when I was at work!! I'm not starving, but a little hungry. Will have some more water and then the porridge. I have a shake for lunchtime and will save my last shake for tonight when I get home from work!

In terms of side effects - stinky breath that I can taste....not pleasant but again, I'm in an office by myself today so will have minimal contact with others hopefully! And if I have any unexpected meetings I will have black coffee! Headaches - gone. Hunger/light-headness - gone! All in all feeling extremely positive today! But it's only 9.28am.....let's see if it continues!!

Hey Tizzy -we posted at the same time! I'll definitely put pics up.....hopefully there will be loads of me, smiley and happy!

I know what you mean re goal - my OH thinks my goal will make me too small! He looks at me now and says 'Where are you going to lose 4 stone from?'. He loves my figure, but appreciates that I am unhappy with it. We did my measurements on saturday and my stats are; chest 45 inches, waist 35 inches and hips 44 inches so I do have a very large but quite proportioned hourglass figure. I hate it of course! Bear in mind that I'm a tiny 5'2 so basically I am all boobs and hips! I will always be curvy and thats a good thing - I do love being curvy! But thinner people don't seem to realise that theres a different between sexy curves and fat! I know when I get into the 11s people will start going 'you have a gorgeous figure/why would you want to lose more/as long as your happy'. And the point is I will still be unhealthy and overweight at 11st! And unhappy!

Since I got engaged three years ago I have found that people always say 'do what you want - its your special day'. Which becomes quickly followed by 'But you will invite me won't you?' or if I suggest something I'm keen on having 'I'm not sure if that would be a good idea' . Weight loss is the same! Everyone has an opinion on what is 'best' for us but they don't know us! It's so frustrating-and this forum is useful because although some people might not 'get' me, they will know exactly what I am talking about!

Morning hun! Glad your feeling good sounds like youve hit ketosis ! I still get hungry in ketosis its weird lol.heres to a good day xx

The porridge isn't that great.....I can eat it though and its nice to actually eat solid food!

I have just come on my period a week early! Typical!

This diet dies weird thing to my periods ive had two a month sometimes.yuk i cant stomach the porridge lol and the one time i did try iy i covered it in granulated sweetner lol and told my cdc and she said the sweetner is a no no lol.ooops.

Yeah I've given up on the porridge now! I did have quite a lot of it though! I'm wearing a black dress that I wore last week and it is definitely fitting a bit better! It's a size 16 - can't wait to get into the 14s!

Wooh thats awesome! Its things like that that really spur u on! Xx

Argghh.....first test! My boss just asked me to go out for lunch at a very nice restaurant by our office! Toughie because they have gorgeous food and it would also mean long boozy lunch A.K.A not having to go back and do work this afternoon!

BUT I have already declined ladies! I told him that I am dieting and that I brought food in with me. He will probably try and change my mind once he is in the office but I shall stand strong!

Gosh now thats what you call willpower!! You really must be determined hun xx

Actually.....even more of a sign of my willpower - I just unsubsribed from dominos pizza!

Back