Nikki (ngreen1974) Starts A Diary

ngreen1974

Silver Member
Hi Ladies

Well I'm now 6 days (Attack Phase) in and I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere. The first 3 days were good and I lost a pound a day so that really motivated me, and then it stopped! I started to obssess over that fact that I thought I was doing it right but in fact I was probably making some really stupid rooky mistake. I kept my own personal daily menu so I could check on what I was eating and I started weighing myself 3 times a day. I wont even tell you how I obssessed over my toilet habits!!!!

Well, this morning I weighed myself and I have now lost 6lb in total. Phew!:D

I'm now sat here at the laptop wondering what I made such a fuss over and that in 3 days I became a dieting lunatic! I MUST calm down. I think I went down that road as I am so determined to lose the weight this time and when I didnt see any progress for 3 days I panicked.

OK, I've had my Mullerlight and a pint of water (and 2 Lemsip Cold and Flu tablets)and my head is once again functioning like a healthy persons should :D

I am now wondering if I should continue with Attack for a few more days or follow what the Dukan website said and only do Attack for 6 days. I can't lie, I am SO excited to eat veg again (albeit limited) that I am quite keen to move on to the next phase, but would love to hear what has worked for you ladies as having read your stories you are all pros (professionals NOT prostitutes :D) at this now so I would be more inclined to follow your advice than the Dukan website. What do you think?

Hope ou all have a lovely day and that the sun is shining where ever you are.

x

morning nikki well done on ur loss ,if ur ready to go on to to cruise u do ,and also welcome to the diary chain i look forward to reading all ur up's and not so many downs ,which we all ave !!!!

Thanks Jet. I didn't feel I could do a diary until I really started losing weight as I you lot have all done so well and I was afraid I would never really get going. But apart from having 'the cold from hell', I feel really good. I MUST start exercising tho as I know it will make such a difference. I just seem to have an excuse for not doing it whenever it's mentioned. My only valid excuse is having a toddler and baby in tow, but I know there are ways around that if I really want to do it. My OH is only to willing to look after the girls in the evening and at weekends so I should really take him up on that offer. Wait til it gets cold and starts raining lots...then I REALLY wont want to exercise! Maybe it's time to get out the old Davina Workout DVD's.:)

Only 4 days til you go back to work ehy hun? How are you feeling about that?

x

Well done on your great start!

to be honest nikki i havent done that much exercise myself but im due back to work soon so that will be it ,and if u have two small children running around i think that my be enough but if u want to fit in more u go girl :chores016:

and ur welcome !!

look forward to reading your diary thats a great start hun
go with what your body tells you too (and thats not a bic mac and fries :p) im sure we are all on this journey together with all the ups and downs

Morning Nikki

Wouldn't advise more than 7 days on attack (too much potential for slip ups) better to get onto cruise - include some nutrients from the veggies and carry on from there....

Dr Dukan gives a good idea of how long to do attack phase on his diet calculator (did you do that before you started?)

Hope this helps x

Thanks ladies. I think I may have finally found an eating plan that suits me. You lot are a huge inspiration to me.

Alottolose - I did do the Dukan questionnaire thing on the website and it recommended 6 days for Attack Phase. Right bring on the veggies tomorrow. I'd best read the book again as I have no idea what comes now (veggie wise!).

x

hey Nikki :D
yes i missed my veg for first few days ;)

I knew I would miss the obvious like bread and cheese and I do like my veggies, but my god, I'd take your right arm off if it were holding a head of broccoli at the moment :D

I'm just about to read the 'cruise' section in the book. Is it obvious what veg are NOT allowed?

there's a list at the back of the book of all the allowed stuffs....anything not on there could be tolerated but not advocated :D..best to check first...

Great tip. Thank you. Would never have thought to check the back of the book. x

is there sarah? i never noticed lol

Page 315. So useful! Thank you, thank you, thank you. :D

x

I knew I would miss the obvious like bread and cheese and I do like my veggies, but my god, I'd take your right arm off if it were holding a head of broccoli at the moment :D

I'm just about to read the 'cruise' section in the book. Is it obvious what veg are NOT allowed?

I miss veg on non-veg days, I always have a gherkin or two and have even been known to sneak a radish (if we're out of gherkins:p). Then again, I feel bloated after a PV day - can't win!

You can have a small amount of rhubarb as a tolerated on PP days and as part of your veg on PV days. Most vegetables are fine apart from sweetcorn, artichoke, peas and do go easy on the carrots and beetroot - they have quite a high sugar percentage so not too often.

Well done for your great start:D.

Thank you Laura. I love rhubarb. That'll be a welcomed addition. x

Back