Niner's journey: getting a 5:2 beach body

Niner

Hello! I have 42lbs (3 stone to lose) and I'd like to do it by July ready for my first beach holiday in years.

I'm going to start by following the Fast Beach Diet which is 500 cals 2 days a week and between 1200-2000 the other 5.

I'll be following the book guidelines:

Fast days: Sun & Tues - mostly plants & protein

Feast days: fruit, veg, wholegrains, pulses, nuts, olive oil, lean protein and unsweetened dairy

Exercise: 30 mins a day

Starting today with a fast day :) even though it's Monday, but I want to get in the swing of things :)

similar plan to mine except I always eat junk on the weekend! I had lost 3st by the end of last year but put a stone on during November and December. Lost half of it and trying to get the rest gone by mid March.

Thank you for visiting :) sounds like it worked well for you :) I worry I might end up bingeing on or after fast days but worth a go!

9/2 - fast day

Lunch - homemade veggie soup

Eve - courgette, s&s carbonara pack, liberte honey yoghurt

Cals - 498

Exercise: 20 mins spinning, 20 mins intervals (Insanity fit test)

10/2/15

I don't know if this is fast related but last night and today I had the most dreadful runs...spent a good portion of the night on the loo and all day in bed. So to help my system I didn't eat until 7.30pm this evening - effectively a 24hr fast.

Evening: veg soup, chicken & veg stir fry,
Snack: almonds & 2 dates

Cals: 750

Last edited:
11/2 - normal day (I'm refusing to call these feast days...incase I take it literally!)

V busy at work today so struggled to eat during the day...lots of snacky stuff at odd intervals!

boiled egg, small latte, 0.5 litre water

carrot & cucumber sticks, choc orange cereal bar, boiled egg

almonds & 2 dates

baked potato, homemade chicken curry, 2 squares dark choc

1780 cals

Last edited:
I signed up for a gym induction today...Sat at 9am. The idea is that whilst my kids are having swimming lessons, I can get a quick workout in. Also on Saturdays when they are with their dad. It's been years since I've been a member of a gym...

Last edited:
I am a daily weigher, and wasn't sure whether to record daily weigh ins here but it might help me identify a trend...

So Mon my start weight was 12.11 :(
But after 2 days of fasts and a v upset tummy I was 12.7.0 this morning (Wed). I don't think it'll stay this low as I was dehydrated and empty after my poorly tum. But it was still nice to see. Official weigh in will be Mon AM after my Sun fast.

My upset tummy is back so a bad day diet wise consisting of toast, toast and more toast.

I'm going to give myself a bit of a break and take a couple of days not counting calories or stressing about it because I need to get better and go back to work. My next fast day is Sunday so a few days to recover and see how I'm doing.

I'm here to follow. I've been doing the 5:2 diet try eating between 1900 - 2000 a day? X

Hi honey-j! How's the diet going for you?

I'm not calorie counting at the moment as I have some sort of horrible stomach flu thing. I'm seeing the doc tomorrow :( ive had to cancel my gym induction as well, because I feel rubbish. I'm supposed to fast on Sunday but I think I'll just see how I feel. What a disappointing start to this diet!

I didn't fast today. I've been poorly all week...and off work, so I didn't want to risk anything because I need to be back to work tomorrow.

Think I'll give myself a couple of days at work to settle back in then I'll think of fasting. Maybe Wednesday?

Sigh.

Hi how are you feeling now? X

Back