No added sugar squash

willfitskinnyjeans

Gold Member
I've replaced my diet coke (because aside from sw it's not very healthy) with no added sugar squash, believing this is free.
But in reality do people see better losses eliminating this to and swapping to water?

Personally, I couldn't give up my diet coke :) I've cut back on alcohol so I figure it's better than that - I have it with plenty of ice and slices of lime to replicate a 'proper' drink. Anyway, to your question - you'll probably find that sf squash gives you a flatter stomach, because you're not drinking all the fizziness. I don't think the difference between squash / water is enough to affect weight loss though because the calories in it are negligible. I know that its better for me to add squash to water because I'll. drink far more of that than plain water. Which means I'm better hydrated and hopefully speeds up my losses.

It's taken me years to give up diet coke my withdrawal was horrific with diet change as well. I don't drink very often so a cold glass of diet coke when my chores were done and toddler in bed was my vice but it's started damaging my teeth so I've bitten bullet. I'm drinking squash but alot of it now.

I'm the same iv given up drinking all fizzy drinks since Xmas and replaced it with sugar free juice. Started sw middle of jan and have had good losses just drinking juice x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Could someone please list some brands that are free on SW please? Need to cut down on my diet coke and dont want to buy the wrong type x

MrsM i think it's all no added sugar dilute. I was a diet coke addict in 2 weeks I can hardly finish a can now it bloats me so much. I brought a 1 liter bottle I fill it n put in fridge of squash and that way it's easy to push to get the 2 litres a day.

ok thank you. I was looking at them yesterday and wasnt sure it had to be sugar free! I think Robinsons no added sugar could be a safe bet!

yay!!! cheers! loving the name btw willfitskinnyjeans!

squash is the lesser of two evils for sure, but no added squash is just as jam packed with evil sweeteners...so honestly, the best thing you could do is ditch the lot. I had a 2 bottle of diet pepsi and 2 bottle of NAS squash per week habit..I kicked the lot and now use squash as a treat, weekend only kinda thing. it can be really tough adjusting to plain water, so try alternating one water one squash for a week then just water, you may find it easier. I prefer to go cold turkey.........the withdrawl was horrendous.

with SW because its based around low fat products its very sweetner heavy. .yogurts..low cal jellys.. alpens...sugar free this and that..its all crammed full of sweetners. .aswell as adding sweetners to cereals (already has lots in!) porridge..coffee/tea....so the more you can kick the better your health (inside and out!) xx

Yeah your right, tbh I'm finding it easier to drink water now I'm buying bottled, only cheap telco value but my tap water can be cloudy and it put me off. I'm going into this to be healthier so i think more water less juice Is way forwards. Thanks

I'm drinking no added sugar squash because i'm not in the habit of drinking at all during the day. Once i find its a habit i will start phasing it out. As said above, SW tends to have alot of artifical sweetners in it and I want to cut them where I can!

I've read somewhere that suggests caffeine in diet coke/coffee etc which disrupts weight loss by messing with your blood sugars, worth a try to give it up I think, nothing wrong with NAS squash instead of plain water IMO x

Hey, I'm really pleased to come across this :) I have a serious diet coke addiction!! It worries me as my two eldest boys drink it too and moan if we don't have any in the house (which very rarely happens!) It's got to the point where I can't 'enjoy' a meal without a glass of coke!! If others have given it up surely I can too :)

squash is the lesser of two evils for sure, but no added squash is just as jam packed with evil sweeteners...so honestly, the best thing you could do is ditch the lot. I had a 2 bottle of diet pepsi and 2 bottle of NAS squash per week habit..I kicked the lot and now use squash as a treat, weekend only kinda thing. it can be really tough adjusting to plain water, so try alternating one water one squash for a week then just water, you may find it easier. I prefer to go cold turkey.........the withdrawl was horrendous.

with SW because its based around low fat products its very sweetner heavy. .yogurts..low cal jellys.. alpens...sugar free this and that..its all crammed full of sweetners. .aswell as adding sweetners to cereals (already has lots in!) porridge..coffee/tea....so the more you can kick the better your health (inside and out!) xx

Except nobody says you have to eat any of the foods have mentioned least of all SW ;)

I was a big addict, until I read about diabetes risk. My son Is 2.5 and I dont want him drinking it so I stopped as he's at that age where you can't tell him mummy can only have it.
If you want to pm me your welcome to.
Also since stopping I'm saving ££££ on my grocery shop it's worth giving it up, I enjoy very odd glass now but struggle to finish a whole can it makes me so bloated and uncomfy.

Except nobody says you have to eat any of the foods have mentioned least of all SW ;)

very true, just wanted to point it out as not everyone realises....you can follow sw without consuming any of the above..but it could be a bit tricky, myself included...my point was is reducing the overall amount is better than adding to it :) plus...there really isnt a sibgke good thing in fizz. ..atleast with squash your upping your water in take which can be difficult for some. probably better to drink squash if it means your gettibg 2/3ltrs of water in ..than just a few small glasses if your not keen on water. .swingsvqnd roundaboouts! xx

Back