No Change???

diamond787

Hi Everyone,

Ok i did SS for more than 10days, no cheating and didnt lose a single thing, so i have started exercising everynight for an hour or more, and really working hard at it.. but at lunch time i have a light meal to give me some energy, but no crabs, a week later, with my body in pain and still the scales are not going down, i am so upset, im gonna keep working hard, but what am i doing wrong i dont understand.. im drink plently of water aswell...

please HELP!!!
:confused::eek::(

Hi there

Sometimes I think you can get a bit of a plateau, I think I read somebody on here stayed the same for about 3 weeks. If you are SSing you will definately be losing weight and it will just be water retention. The exercise can also cause you to retain weight and too much exercise can slow your losses.

Hang in there, the scales will shift eventually, they have to!!

Georgie
x

You've certainly worked hard so perhaps while the scales have not moved, you've shed the inches. Have you meausred yourself?

It says in the SS programme book, that it is not necessary to do anything other than very gentle exercise. Someone (can't remember who) explained that exercising on SS leads the body to believe it is starving so it holds on to it's fat. Or perhaps you are holding on to water these last few days.

Keeping track of your measurements sounds a good idea. I've just taken mine in prep for a similar thing.

Keep going and I'm sure you'll see movement on your scales soon.

You have hit a plateau!!

The longest mine have lasted is two weeks. The longest I have heard of is four weeks.

The weight will shift although I know how soul-destroying it is when you stay the same weight day after day

Have you measured yourself - sometimes the tape measure shrinks even when the scales are being stubborn.

Hey, Before i started this diet i tried getting a personal trainer and working out at the gym. For a few weeks i worked solidly everyday but by the end of the weeks i was not losing anything. My personal trainer said it was because my muscles were building, and as muscles weight more than fat this was probably the cause of it! So maybe you are working a bit too hard at the gym. You are probably in a plateau, but try to cut down on the gym a bit and see if that helps.

i dont know, my partner has told me to start having friut for breakfast, a light lunch, than ill exercise, and than have a shake... and than maybe after a week ill go back to full on cambridge.. it really gets to me, coz im trying so hard and feel like im stuck and not moving up or down.. at least its not bloody up, lol

thanx guys for your comments im gonna go measure myself might cheer me up, but i doubt it!!!

If you start adding fruit you are adding carbs - and you will gain weight!

Best to go up properly to 790 and try that for a week, not just to add food willy-nilly

i dont know, my partner has told me to start having friut for breakfast, a light lunch, than ill exercise, and than have a shake... and than maybe after a week ill go back to full on cambridge.. it really gets to me, coz im trying so hard and feel like im stuck and not moving up or down.. at least its not bloody up, lol

thanx guys for your comments im gonna go measure myself might cheer me up, but i doubt it!!!

Hey - sorry you feel you're not seeing the results of your hard work.....

Just wanted to check something - is your BMI 25.4 ?? if so, then you should not be Sole Sourcing as it is not safe - your body just doesn't have enough fat and you will be burning lean muscle mass as well...not good !!

you should be on at least 1000cal plan - and I'd say that, cos of the amount of exercise you're doin, the 1200 cal plan may still give you a good loss.....

hth

Debz xx

i weigh 65kgs right now, im 162cm.. i wanna be at 55 or less kgs.. i havnt done ss for over a week now, im having about i think 500-600 calories but its really hard to say coz i mainly cook at home.. i do a workout dvd, for an hour.. im too scared to eat more food coz if im not losing like this than ill just put it on, of you know what i mean...

i weigh 65kgs right now, im 162cm.. i wanna be at 55 or less kgs.. i havnt done ss for over a week now, im having about i think 500-600 calories but its really hard to say coz i mainly cook at home.. i do a workout dvd, for an hour.. im too scared to eat more food coz if im not losing like this than ill just put it on, of you know what i mean...

Hi - I know what you mean and I understand that it's scary to start eating food again BUT your body is definitely not getting what it needs on 500 - 600 calories :eek: based on height of 162cm and weight of 65kgs, your current BMI is just under 25....and you really need to be upping your intake. Believe it or not, if you eat too little, your body ill go into starvation mode and will hold on to every bit of fat it has - cos it doesn't know when it's gonna get some more to eat....:rolleyes: so eating so few calories is actually counter productive and will result in you not losing......

have you spoken to your CDC about your current plan ?? might be a good idea to have a chat.

let us know how you get on

Debz xx

Back