No loss for 3 weeks

I'm on my way

I'm sticking to my points, not using too many on fruit and exercising. I have hit the proverbial wall, not having a loss for three weeks now. Any suggestions on how I can shake things up and get things moving again. We have just booked a short break in may and I would love to lose a stone before we go.

Thanks in advance

You hit a plateau :(
Do you eat your weeklies?
How many activity points do you get each week and do you use them for food?
What kind of exercises do you do and how long have you been doing them?
What foods do you eat the most?

My only exercise at the moment is a Zumba class a couple of times a week for an hr each, quite intensive! I don't eat AP's . I had most of last weeks weeklies on a night out for a meal and a few glasses of wine so am just using dailys at the moment. I am trying to keep my food low carb so no potatoes, rice pasta etc. mainly chicken fish lean mince with veg for tea, 3/4 portions of fruit a day, apple nectarine, strawberries grapes. I have porridge for breakfast, soup yogurt and a piece of fruit for lunch, I am trying so hard! I just need the missing jigsaw piece and I feel it will all fall into place if you know what I mean!
Any suggestions welcome

Hmm, well if you eat your weeklies, it can't be that you eat too little.
Perhaps try eating more carbs?

carbs are very important in a diet, fat burns in the carbohydrate flame, so if you don't eat carbs you don't burn fat. You are having fruit and veg, but that is just a little rush of energy that doesn't really feed your muscles for a very long time, it's like throwing paper in a fire, there's a very big flame for a second and then it dies again. Also, you might need to exercise 4-5 times a week rather than only twice if you're serious about toning up... but maybe start with adding the extra class a week if you can, or by walking briskly for 30 minutes to 1 hour once a week?

Also, maybe you're trying too hard. Where are the healthy fats? Without having them your body won't get rid of the fat it's storing. Besides, healthy fats are essential to making your body work properly, good fats ensure your body can get rid of bad cholesterol and rebuild muscles and cells... things like nuts, oily fishes, eggs... as for pastas, try to introduce carbs with a twist, like quinoa for example. Since I started having quinoa at lunch with my meals I had a constant weight loss. Apparently this grain packs 8 g of protein per cup, including a complete set of branched chain amino acids—leucine, isoleucine, and valine—that play a crucial role in helping muscles grow. With each cup you’ll also get 39 g of carbohydrates which help your body refuelling with energy. I think it also tastes nice :)

I also agree that Carbs are important! If you are worried have the carbs at lunchtime rather than dinner time that way you get a chance for your body to work them off during the rest of the day?

Thank you for your comments, the reason for my trying to keep my foods low carb is only because the only time I seem to have dieted successfully is on Cambridge and Dukan. I didn't really want to go down the Cambridge route again and I miss fruit on Dukan. I am scared that if I eat more carbs I will put weight back on. I Am getting desperate tho, do you really think increasing them will speed up my losses? I am going to try and up the exercise with an extra Zumba class and doing a DVD at home.

Have u always eaten your weeklys? If so maybe you could reduce them and see what happens? I dont eat mine or my aps. My leader said i dont need to eat them but if i do exercise i would be ok to eat a few, but ive only ever eaten about 10 max. Otherwise a few carbs could be good. Good luck and hope it starts moving for u soon x

Sounds like ur doing everything right, maybe add a little more carbs, I didn't no they were vital for weight loss but it's worth a try even if u just try for a week, I think exercising 2x a week is sufficient problem with exercise is it can slow ur loss down. Before Ww I was eating healthily and doing an hour at the gym 7 days a week, like a really tough workout and I was gaining weight! Maybe u could measure urself so u know if u have lost any inches, just cause u haven't lost pounds doesn't mean ur not loosing fat! Other than that u seem to be doing all u can, u will start loosing soon!

Back