No/Low Carb WW?

Poobe

Hi everyone

I am back, sort of, on the wagon again. I was doing good until my precious German Shepherd was diagnosed with cancer in March. This week is four weeks since he has been gone and only now am i feeling up to starting back on the track called life. I fell to bits when he was diagnosed, and i then susequently gave my all in order to care for him in his last two weeks of life - something i will never regret doing. How anyone continues to eat, let alone eat well, during times of such huge loss is beyond me. I just quit eating and lived on coke. When i did eat it was in the form of greasy gross take aways.

But I am starting to feel better and starting to realise that i need to get back to eating well. And my mind is back in it again. So i want to get back onto the WW wagon but I am thinking of combining no carb with it. Has anyone ever done this?

So what i am thinking, is i follow the WW points system but exclude all bread, pasta, potatoes etc. I never eat pasta and potato anyway, it is not something that forms a part of my diet at any given time whether i am on plan or not. But bread is my downfall. Bread is always a part of my diet be it on plan or off. So i am thinking of doing WW, without the carbs. Or would i need to eat more and then end up going over my points?

I have set aside this week to do some planning, some meals plans, food ideas, recipes etc. I want to start properly on Monday 23rd. I need to preplan my food else i land up eating junk, so taking some time out to make up a few lists of things will do me good in the long run.

Any ideas or down fall to this?

Hi there,not tried no carbs but didn't want to read without commenting on your loss.Sorry to hear about your dog passing away,we nearly lost one of ours couple of years back and that was heartbreaking enough.Hope you find getting back on track straight forward and good luck on your WW journey :0)

Sorry to hear about your dog :(

I can't see a problem with no carbs or minimal carbs, tbh I pretty much follow this... I have a max of 2 slices of bread a week (and that's not even every week) and the only pasta/potato I eat is in a ww meal ..

Good luck

Sorry about your dog :(

I would be keen to follow a low carb version of weight watchers having done Atkins quite successfully recently - just needs a lot of planning I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back