No More Butter Body

sarah45121

Writing not biting
Hello,

Not really sure how to start this diary but will give it a go. My name is Sarah, I'm 26 and originally from Scotland although now live on the east coast of Ireland. Since moving to Ireland I have put on 5 stone (in about 2 years) and I have to stop! Had a bit of a wake up call on an Aer Lingus regional flight when I nearly couldn't fit my large bum into the seat - stupid tiny plane!!!

Anyway I am on day 3 of the Exante TS and the first two days have been HARD. For all those people blogging about this diet, if you made it through the first couple of days unscathed then you should be really proud of yourself!

Right now am having a shake for breakfast, soup at lunch and a bar in the evening. May change at some point but am finding I like the shakes a lot more than on any other VLCD and am getting used to the consistency of the soup.

Not sure what else to write now as haven't done much today except work so will stop typing as have finished my first litre of water and really have to pee!!!!!!!!

Sarah x

Off 2 a gr8 start Well done girlie!! How do u like Ireland? H8 d way Exante charges SO much for postin a box of shakes over as d exchange rate is very bad at d mo :-( I luv d products Didn't try d soups or d CHoc orange bar either! Miss d porridge On shakes 4 d next six wks Luv dem hot or cold Smoothie 2 go maker is a lifesaver Bought it in Argos

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ireland is ok although it's not home! Get very homesick!!!! Love the bread though which is probably why I put on so much to begin with!!!! I had mushroom soup today which was actually quite nice. The choc orange bar is ok too. For day 4 I have left the two products that appeal to me least (big mistake I think) - chocolate shake and the tom and basil soup which I hear isn't very nice. Will have to see how it goes!!! I have an old celebrity slim shaker thing for the milkshakes and it works brilliantly. Have a mini whisk for the soup which doesn't work so well!!!!

How's it all going for you?

Day 4 not started brilliantly. No sleep makes a grumpy Sarah. On the plus side it's day 4 and I haven't had any fizzy drinks - this is a record for me!!!! I feel very smug about it! The only chocolate I've had is in the choc orange bar (which is a bit strange) and today I will be having the chocolate shake for the first time - not looking forward to it!!! Will also be tasting the tomato and basil soup for the first time too - will see how that goes!!!! X

Day 5 and it's going well, got lots of sleep last night and feeling much better. Had to work late last night and forgot my soup so ended up having a packet of slim fast crisp things which were actually ok. Didn't end up trying the tomato and basil soup, will leave it for another day!!! Up this morning and had a big clear out and took loads of stuff to the charity shop and manage to sort out the spare room which had been a dumping ground for all my tat for a while!!!!

Only had a choc shake today so far (which was so much better than I thought it was going to be) but will be having Thai soup soon and then a bar later on tonight. Want to say it is getting easier but scared I'll jinx it and will just go with - I'm having a good day today!!!!

Had 2 litres of water today so far - haven't really struggled with the drinking water part. Am sure it is doing wonders for my complexion but constantly having to pee is something I hope will stop at some point!!

Am starting to get tempted to weigh myself but I will wait till Tuesday - really hope I've had a decent weight loss as this week has been really hard!!!!

Day 6 - had a long lie this morning so started the day with Thai soup, not sure what happened because I liked it the first time I had it but it was not nice this time round. Am going to persevere with the soups but maybe when I order my next batch I will try the porridge instead.

Not drank enough water today so will need to change that this afternoon!!! Don't really feel like doing anything and have no energy although that might be because it's a Sunday and nothing to do with the diet!!!

WI on Tuesday, am quite excited about it!!!!

X

I've been lacking energy today too, although I agree it's probably just because it's Sunday!!

I'm a big fan of the porridge over a lot of the soups, although I often add herbs & spices to the soups-especially mushroom or veg-with loads of chilli powder & curry powder :)

Sounds like it might be worth trying although not sure I'm ready to stomach a soup again for a while!!! Will try again in a couple of days!! X

Day 7 - has gone ok although very tempted to eat lots of junk when everyone at my work is so negative all the time - they are such downers!!!! Anyway have been reading up on boards about different ways to have the shakes so am going to try whizzing it up with ice - almost like ice cream.

Had a tesco ultra slim bar tonight and although it is nice I don't find it as filling as the exante ones - I seem to eat it so much faster!

First WI tomorrow morning - am quite excited!!!!

Sarah x

Day 8 - The all important WI and I have lost 9 pounds!!!!!!!!!! Am absolutely thrilled! To reward myself I will be having.......nothing!!! The reward is losing 9lbs - this is how I got so overweight in the first place, for me food was everything - a reward, a cure for boredom, something to cheer me up and so on! My relationship with food has been toxic and Exante is helping me sort my head out as well as my body. So it is onwards and downwards for me, thinking today will be a good day!!!!!

Sarah x

Well done
9 lb is great - hope my first weigh in has big numbers like yours
Treat yourself with something non food related, likr a book or s new lipstick you deserve a reward

Thank you! I bought some shoes about a week ago in a Dune sale so think they will have to be my reward as am strapped for cash now!!!!

Have just had my first tomato and basil soup and it was actually ok! I added lots of pepper and a little salt and the only thing weird is the colour! I think I like the soups a bit lumpy and not whizzed in the blender as there is no foamyness (not a word I know but you get what I'm saying). Have half a bar and a shake left for this evening and still about a litre of water to drink!

Good day so far!!!!

Sarah x

Day 9 -- bad day today, don't want to go into it but ended up using food to console myself but manage to limit it to 1 bag of crisps so that's not too bad!!! Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Not much else to say, will write again tomorrow.

Sarah x

You're doing great sarah, one measly bag of crisps isn't the end of the world! Just read through your diary and your determination is brilliant, good luck for the week, you can do it!! And well done on the 9lbs, that's amazing :)

Keep up the good work!

Hol x

Thanks Holly! The crisps are just a memory now as I'm on day 9 and back full of determination - the flab will not beat me!!!!!

Sarah x

Day 9 - Oooh nearly at double digits!! Can't believe I've lasted this long but I have and i'm going to keep going and get rid of my thunder thighs, jelly belly, big bum, tree trunk legs and all the other things that make me a chunky monkey!!! I am having a 2 shakes and bar day to avoid the canteen at work which is full of nasty women trying to de-rail my diet and telling me that what I'm doing just isn't healthy and I need to stop it - I feel better than I have in a very long time! I needed to do this diet as I needed a proper break from food to get my head around my bad relationship with it. Explained this to my doctor yesterday and she said it actually sounds like a good idea for me and she approves.
Off to the cinema tonight with the MIL and other family to see Magic Mike (very strange film to see with the MIL but we'll see how it goes) - glad there is Channing Tatum and other lovely men to distract me from the popcorn and pick and mix challenges that await me!!!!

Anyway roll on day 10!! Am back in the zone and definitely back on track!!!!

Sarah x

I love that you haven't let a mishap put you off! You've practically pole vaulted back onto the wagon, yay!

I love that you haven't let a mishap put you off! You've practically pole vaulted back onto the wagon, yay!

Thank you, I have indeed pole vaulted back on and determined not to slip again (although I know if it happens it will be ok!!!). It's TOTM at the moment so if I can get through this then the rest should hopefully be a doddle!!

Sarah x

It's day 10 and not only is it day 10, it's Friday - whoop!!!!

It's TOTM at the moment and I could see it coming a mile off as all the choc shakes from my pack are gone leaving me with the others for the rest of the month - hahaha! Am away for a week on Sunday which should be good although am going on Scout Camp...hmmmmm. My husband is a scout leader and I said about 6 months ago that I'd come too - not really thinking it through. Am dreading it but determined to avoid marshmallows and other campfire goodness and stick to the plan!!!!

Sarah x

One more thing, is anyone else sick of the pop up ad that keeps appearing asking if you want to see what you would look like if you were fat? I know what I look like, it's why I'm dieting so stop putting that bl**dy ad up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah x

Back