No More Cake for Me!

Nomorecake

Hi all, I'll start by explaining my user name.....I am known for loving cake and to be fair 50 cent was talking about me when he said a fat kid that loves cake! But it needs to stop and lets face it getting to nearly 17stone wasnt just about cake....I love food and thats the problem, someone asked me what food I don't like the other week and I honestly couldn't think of a single thing!
This is my 3rd attempt at shifting my weight through a VLCD,LL in 2007 lost 3 stone put 4 back on, CD in March 2012 and I lost 2.5 stone and put 1 stone back on in 2-3 months) is this some sort of pattern!?!
I have managed to get back to a 27lbs loss through eating healthier and having a couple of S&S packs each day, but reality has just dawned that my holiday is 4 weeks away and I am nowhere near where I wanted to be....(this is exactly how i felt before my wedding 2 years ago).
I'm so disappointed in myself again......so I'm kicking myself up the arse and will get into the 13's before my holiday on the 22nd September and then when I'm back I'll start again until I get to goal.....target is by Xmas!

I'm hoping keeping a diary will keep me on track! So how's it been so far?

Day 1 - went really well, spent most of the day on minimins as I needed inspiration! Stuck to my packs and had a bit of veg with my spag bol so that my body didn't go completely into shock! Had the lemon bar as biscuits with a cuppa in the eve which helped and managed 4 litres of water.....thankfully didn't need to leave the house!

Day 2 - another good day! I'm feeling really focused and positive, hubby's being really supportive which helps a lot. Stuck to my packs, a few hunger pangs but 4 litres of water helped ease them! Been to the gym, managed 30 minutes cardio as I felt whacked.....tried using a Power Hoop as there was one hanging about.....embarrassing! I couldn't keep it going for long BUT the little I did is hurting and I feel like my abs have been battered....will defo sign up for classes when they start! Off to bed now once I've honked for day 2!

Hey! Well done for going back to it - you sound really motivated which is ace :D My package is coming tomorrow so I will be starting hopefully tomorrow, depending on what time it comes (I opted for normal delivery which was a bit silly) - if not, Thursday it'll be, but I'm wanting to do it tomorrow! :D xxx

Day 3 - back at work today, haven't drunk enough water but stuck to my packs, had some olives with my spag bol for tea as the man from Asda was late with the delivery and I'd run out of veg!....a little random but tasted ok!
Got a horrible taste in my mouth today so hopefully ketosis is here or near! No other side effects as yet which is good but i think my body's been in and out of ketosis so much over the last few months i've tricked it into thinking hardly any food is normal!
Covered in bruises from my little stint on the Powerhoop yesterday but apparently it happens and it gets better in time, so i'm off to the gym soon to add some more bruises and hopefully get a bit fitter!

Hi Piggiemummy, hope your packs come soon.....it must be frustrating waiting when you're finally in the zone! Yes I'm feeling more positive than I have done in a long time, bit gutted that it didn't happen sooner as I will be breaking to go on hols at the end of the month so the timings a bit rubbish. I won't go mad while I'm away but i'm not taking packs as I want to chill out and enjoy my time off!

Apparently they should come tomorrow which is a relief - only I could order them over bank holiday ;) I've got a busy day tomorrow which means I'm going to have to put everything off till after the package comes but hopefully it'll be worth it! :D

I've got a "holiday" beginning at the start of October - we were supposed to be going away but doubt that will happen, although I suspect we may go away for a night somewhere - am not going to think about it yet, just focus on the next month :D xxx

I can't believe how excited I was when I got my first package.....it was just like Xmas......without feeling stuffed and sick afterwards! I'm sitting waiting for hubby to get back from footie as we are supposed to be going to the gym ....it's a 24 hr one but I think I'm going to give it a miss as I'm knackered!
Hope it comes tomorrow so you can get started! Let me know how you get on!x

Love your username NoMoreCake, sounds like you are in a great space right now, looking forward to seeing your weight loss story unfold before your holiday

Thanks for your post hopingtobesmallersoon.....I like yours too! Yes I'm in a good place at the mo....let's hope it lasts! Hope it's all going well for you!

I had someone ring the buzzer at half eight, I got excited and realised it was something else I'd ordered - darnit! Apparently should arrive between 10:30-11:30 xxx

Day 4 - Slept rubbish last night, freezing one minute boiling the next, woke up with the hump.....but remembered why I am doing this as soon as I jumped on the scales first thing(which is what I do first thing every morning!)
After a bit of a rubbish start mood wise, I've managed to have another good day, 4 packs plus a green salad and 4 litres of water!
Went to the gym and burnt 270 calories so it's been a good day all in all.....ive borrowed a Powerhoop from the gym so I can practice before the classes start in a few weeks.....couldn't start tonight as my whole torso is covered in bruises from my first attempt the other day! I'm supposed to rest up and let them heal but I've only got a few weeks so I need to do everything I can to shift this timber!.....so my plan for tomorrow night is to wear a few layers and pad out my middle to stop it hurting so much.....hubby's going to be in for a treat!

Day 5 - another good day, haven't drunk enough water but I've had my packs and feel good about that. Really tired though so I'm off to bed! One thing did pop into my head today......I haven't been in my purse all week!....the work vending machine must be missing me!

Day 6 - Done! Tired, very cold all day today, have sat watching tv since I came home from work.....no energy so didn't go to the gym.....feel a little low today but I've stuck to my packs and waterso it's all good!

Day 7 - just weighed and I have lost 2lb, my initial response was WTF.....however I've had a chat with myself as this has happened before on LL and CD where I stick to the plan and get a crap result. Possible reasons:
1-stress/tiredness - have had a s**t week work wise,busy,tiring and stressful so this maybe a factor?
2-zero toilet action for the last 3 days?
3-maybe I need to eat more packs on the days I excercise so it doesn't have a negative effect on weight loss?

I am determined not to let this get me down as I need lose as much as I can on the next 3 weigh in's, as it may stop me feeling completely suicidal on the beach! I am also putting the scales away as I can not stop myself checking daily which also puts a load of pressure on as I could see it wasn't moving much all week but expected to wake up this morning with a massive loss (it's happened to other people so why not me!)
Anyway I am off for a bit of retail therapy today, need to get some stuff for holiday but think i've left it far too late as summer really seems to be over! will probably buy more shoes as that's what you do when you can't fit into anything or don't like what you see in the changing room mirror!

Chin up hunny

Have some laxatives if your having trouble, or fibre supplement. I like Dr Stuarts lax tea

Exercise will slow losses simple. So if numbers are important you need to consider this. I train most days and have extra protein and it pack

You will get there, well done hiding the scales

Xxx

The poo will come I'm sure, it can't stay in there forever, but like RebekahR says, a laxitive might move things along for you a bit quicker. Also with the training you'll be building up muscle initially so may be slower to see a loss on the scales, but again, your putting the right things in, so they'll move in the right direction soon, am sure. Weigh in once a week might make a happier NoMoreCake but as a serial weigher myself, I can understand you jumping on each day. Well done for hidding them x

Day 7 (sat) out all day and forgot to do an entry after my initial post re my rubbish weight loss! Went shopping which I have found a new love for! Didn't just buy shoes (only 1 pair!) bought a few new dresses for holiday and some smarter stuff for work (for anyone who knows me I wear trousers, loose tops and have a strict ragime of black,grey or navy blue!) I can definitely see a difference in how I look and I can fit nicely in an 18 as I was squeezing myself in and probably should have been in a large 20 a few months ago. Bought a size 16 dress which is really fitted and i would like to get into that by the end of november as by xmas i would like to be a 14-16 and would be quite happy if at least half my wardrobe was a 14 as I don't think I've ever been that size ( not since my teens anyway!) fingers crossed! Stuck to my packs, 4 lt water and went to the gym......apart from the dent in my credit card a very good day!

Day 8 - (sun) had a chill out day with hubby, we had a massive clear out and I have now got rid of all my size 20 clothes and a load of stuff I haven't worn for ages! Feel really good that I have to stick to this and shift this weight number 1 because I hate looking the way I do and number 2 because I now have nothing to wear!! Packs, water and gym.....all good!

Day 9 - (mon) busy day at work, still got about a litre of water and a pack to have but off to the gym in a sec so I'll have them when I get back. Went shopping again today! I have realised that for a senior manager I look like ****! I have always dressed shall we say "comfortably" but our CEO visited 2weeks ago and I realised I had nothing to wear and felt under pressure to look the part and not let the side down! so I bought a plain black shift dress, very plain but it's the first time my legs have been out in work for 5 years, I spent all day feeling conscious but I had some really nice and positive comments so that has spurred me on and that's why I have gone shopping crazy! I have decided to chuck my trusty work trousers and cardies out when I finish work on the 21st September and start wearing my new clobber when I come back from holiday.....tanned and hopefully not too heavy from my 2 week break!

PS - there was a movement today!!

yay for the movement - great head space, hope it's contagious, send some my way x

Hopingtobesmallersoon said:
yay for the movement - great head space, hope it's contagious, send some my way x

Well done on the movement front! Always helps..
Love the shopping, it's the best bit about this!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Yay for the movement - that's the hardest part I find in a diet is when it all stalls and gives you false reading on the scales! xxx

Day 10 - struggled today, wanted to eat everything and anything, had a couple of pear drops and a slice of cheese (what a combination!.....don't ask why!) I have one pack left and haven't drunk enough water so this explains why today has been a bit tough. Off to the gym in a sec to make up for it!

Back