No More Excuses!

Calabria

Sat at my desk having my first shake and really hoping that this time I've run out of excuses to 'start tomorrow'. This time HAS to be different, I can't keep failing and restarting and failing and restarting. I'm lucky that my weight has been fairly constant for the past two years, but unfortunately that weight is 306lbs! People keep asking what my 'goal' is, and honestly having been morbidly obese for all of my adult life I genuinely don't have a clue. I suppose getting out of being morbidly obese should be my first start, then from there who knows...

I'm hoping my colleagues don't give me too much grief about doing the diet, I work in a company where everyone is really healthy and athletic and so I stick out like a sore thumb. They're all lovely don't get me wrong, but I know they'll be concerned that I'm doing something stupid (in their eyes). I have the backing of my GP to do this, in fact he was the one who suggested it so at least I know I have some support. So first shake finished and I suppose I better do some work now :D

Me again! I know, so soon!

I've just realised that by .7 of a whatsit, I'm no longer morbidly obese! *does dance* :clap::happy036::bliss:

There are quite a few people on here who have got out of the 20 stone plus bracket and are making great progress. You'll probably find you have fantastic losses for the first few weeks and then it will slow down to between 2-4lbs week, depending on how good you are and how much exercise you do. But if you stick with it, you will lose the weight and more quickly than on other types of diets. And don't let your super slim fit colleagues talk you out of this. Good luck and welcome.

Welcome, Calabria! I hope you stick with us, the support on here is amazing! x

Hi Cate,

Thanks so much for the support! It's always nice to hear from people further down the line. I'm making sure I'm drinking a lot of water - it's a bit of a scorcher here - and I've got a slight headache but other than that I'm doing okay. I've shifted the times of my shakes slightly from when my workmates have their lunch to minimise the number of people who will cotton on ;) but I must admit I'm lookiing forward to being at home this evening! x

Thanks Aryathebrave! x

Well done for taking the first step! Don't worry about what other people think its your life and they should be applauding you for taking charge of it. First days are the worse but percivere as the results are worth it. Ggod luck x

Thanks Heatwave - fellow Hampshire dweller here!

So I got through day one, hurrah!! Last night was tricky, my housemates were cooking something delicious so I was very antisocial and went in to my room before having a bit of a pamper and then curling up and binge watching Orange Is The New Black on my iPad!

Day two hasn't got off to the best start, I brought my shakes and shaker in to work but have forgotten the actual shaker bit that goes inside :rolleyes: I suppose this is where having ridiculously healthy colleagues comes in to play, they all drink protein shakes after their morning triathlons and so I've asked if I can borrow the shaky bit from a friend. Am using this iPhone app to track my weight that wants me to weigh every day so I hopped on this morning, 2lbs down. Boom! x

Well done for getting past the first day! As soon as you see the losses it all feels worth it and spurs you on to keep going. Keep drinking the water it will help with first day niggles. Good luck for today you can do it! x

Gaaaaaah, I just caught myself looking through my purse to see if I had any change for the sin bin (vending machine) at work. I stopped myself in time but for some reason I'm finding this afternoon a mega struggle. I even just looked at how many days it is until my best friend's wedding (72) and thought 'oh I can have a day off today and STILL have ten weeks crack at this'.

I'm still thinking it now.... hate this bit!

Go back and read your original post. You want to do this so you can't cave on day two. NO MORE EXCUSES! Remember? (Bit of tough love there!!) :)

Cate is right, Calabria! We can find excuses every minute of everyday for every wrong choice we make. Just remember why you are here and power through. Dig deep is what I say, I have to do it every day, too. We are here for you. x

Step away from the purse! lol

Remind yourself why you are doing this. Remember one day at a time you can do it! x

You three ladies are my saviours. I just took myself off to the ladies and did some breathing, then started compiling a list in my head of things I want (smaller bum, thighs that don't rub, being able to wear anything I like, etc etc) to try and shake the feeling.

I CAN DO THIS!!!

You certainly can!

Yes, you can. Remember, you're not alone. Out there, there are lots of us facing the same daily struggles with ourselves and if we can do it then so can you. (Writing this has just prevented me from having a couple of crackers with cheese; that would be just too hypocritical!). :)

Last night wasn't fun! I binged on the rest of season 2 of OITNB rather than food, hopped on the scales this morning and 5lbs down?!?! Amazing!

Fantastic!

Once you start seeing those losses it all seems worth it. Well done Keep going! x

5lbs down in two days is great. If you keep it up you will have a fab week one loss and that will keep you motivated for week 2. Getting through the first 3-4 days is the worst so do stick with it. It'll be well worth it.

Back