ProPoints No more excuses

SalazarSlytherin

I've never stuck to a diet before. I've tried several, weight watchers (a few times), slimming world, slim fast, e-diets, tesco diets, atkins diet, GI diet and a few other random less known ones. But through them all one thing has remained the same. I've never succeeded, in fact I've only put on MORE weight. When I got on the scales last week I was the heaviest I have ever been. I could have cried. I was 16 stone 11. I'm going to say that again because I never want to forget how I felt at that moment. 16 stone 11lb. That's so far over what I should be. Almost 17 stone. I knew in that moment that was IT. I signed up to weight watchers online, threw out all temptation food (no finishing it off because I didn't want to waste money). No, it went out of the house.

And then I sat down to think about what had gone wrong before and I could have cried because what went wrong in ALL my previous attempts to lose weight was...me. I'd hide in the kitchen and scoff a packet of crisps as quickly as possible, I'd eat a handful of chips before I served up a more appropriate portion. I'd eat that chocolate bar and hide the wrapper. All in secret so I'd be able to look virtuous in front of my OH. And then when I didn't lose weight I'd decide it didn't work and I'd quit. I lied to myself for years. And you know, I was only cheating myself. My OH didn't really care if I had a chocolate bar, he just wanted to support me. I wasn't getting one over on him, I was losing out myself. I was sabotaging myself. I've never ever ever stuck to a diet. Not even for a day. Shameful isn't it? I feel ashamed reading that.

But this time when I looked at the scales reading my heaviest ever weight I knew. This couldn't go on. This had to change. And if I don't get to each a chocolate bar until it's done then so be it. I don't want to buy ready made 'low fat' products. I don't want to eat weight watchers biscuits and crisps and wonder where my points have gone. No, I want to make a CHANGE. For ME. And for my children.

I was surprised how many points I was allocated (breastfeeding Mummy here so extra points) and as I looked at my children I decided this time was it. No cheating. No excuses. No doing it later, I'm doing this HERE and NOW.

And I've stuck to it. I haven't had ONE of my daughter's sweets, I ignored OH's pringles. I've measured my portions, I planned my meals and I've snacked only on fruit. Because this time is IT. I'm four days in and I haven't broken plan once and although it's early days, I'm so proud of myself for it. Because I can do this. I will do this. This is the time. I'll never look at the scales and see that weight again. I'll never be further than goal than I am now. And yes, when I snuck on the scales this morning (just to see), I'm already thrilled. I won't weigh in until Thursday (my WI day), but lets say that I already never had results like this. I've never felt like I could lose weight until this time. Because I just know I can. I won't go through my life fat. I have control over what I put in my mouth. Me. And I choose to make the right choices.

Had one of those unplanned popping out for lunch things to a cafe with the best cakes and buns. All home made. All probably with about ten zillion points. And there they were right in front of me on the display cabinet you have to place your order at. Usually unplanned meals out are so stressful for me anyway, not knowing what I should choose, and I think...just one treat won't hurt...just one.

This time there was NO treats. I ordered chicken salad. PLain chicken salad. Not one cake or bun or biscuit, and sparkling water to drink. I'm so proud of myself for not falling off the wagon and avoiding temptation when it was there in front of me :)

I'm super excited to have a SAUSAGE SANDWICH for lunch. Weight watchers cumberland sausages (1 point each) on weight watchers malted danish (1 point a slice) with ketchup (2 points). It smells so good cooking I'm all omnomnomnom over it ^_^
Also very excited today to find 0 point weight watchers dairy spread! What a point saving from my usual clover.
WI tomorrow so fingers crossed ^_^ My OH said I look like I've lost something but I think he's just being nice lol.

8lbs off :D I'm really thrilled. Over half a stone in a week. Honestly that's the best loss I've ever ever ever had. I realise that it's only a reflection of how big my fat ass is to start with, and water, but still...8lbs :D

Today I've had one of those really hungry days. You know the ones where you have like a bottomless pit stomach? Urgh so annoying. I've had:

-nutriblast of fruit and spinach
-mushroom omelette
-pitta with tuna and veg sticks
-chicken broth with 3 slices rye bread
-apple, apricot, banana, 3 satsumas

Why am I still hungry? T____T

Lets hope today I'm not on some starvin' marvin day

Amazing work on 8lbs off! Bravo! And a very well written thread/blog too, well done. :)

Hi there MM and thanks :) It's spurred me on to ignore my absolute craving for some kind of sponge and custard (seriously sponge and custard? I don't even usually eat sponge and custard so where the hell has that come from? Sometimes I truely think cravings etc are against me. Why can't I crave celery sticks) and I've had nothing like that. Planned my meals for next week and I've noticed that my shopping list seems far smaller than usual! Must be all the snacky stuff missing from it. There's something to be said for using fruit and veg as snacks, and money is definitely one of those!

I was looking at buying some new clothes today for back to work in September after my maternity, but then I think I'd better hold off. In six weeks I might drop a dress size (IDK is that realistic? I don't want to waste money on clothes that will hang off me soon). How fast do dress sizes get dropped? Anyway enough musing I will hold off and see nearer the time :D Have a good day y'all.

Sometimes your points can stretch really far! I've still got 17 points to go today and I've already had tea. Guess if I get peckish later I can have a really treat-y snack :) I feel like the plan of really upping my veg so it's the biggest part of each meal by far is working ^_^

Hi here to subscribe food looking good. Good luck with you ww journey hun, the support on here is fantastic.

Not tried ww sausages what were they like? I've got some tesco light choices cumberland sausages 2pp each for tea tonight never tried them but recommended by a few minis so thought I'd give them a go. Xx

Honestly I wasn't totally impressed with them sadly, they were edible but that's about it. Never mind I'll find some other sausage. Maybe the tesco ones if they were any good?

The tesco ones were yummy. Nice and peppery, delicious.

How are you today, how you finding ww ? Xx

Oh well I'll look out for them then thanks :)

I'm rather tired today, baby didn't sleep well last night so it'll be an early night for me. I'm finding WW actually quite easy at the minute! I feel like where my head is has changed and I can say no to things and stick to my points and make the right choices. It actually makes me feel quite strong to know I can do that, and I like that feeling. I think I've just reached the point where I know I want this and I'm sick of messing around. WW helps with portion control and will be sustainable for the future so it seems a good choice.

How are you liking it so far? I can see you've had some great losses! It's good seeing it really works in the longer term :)

I'm loving it. I've done ww before with the old points system so I know it works, but pro points is new to me and I'm learning all the time xx

Yes I did WW once a long while ago. Didn't stick to it though lol! I've looked at the Filling and Healthy Simple start thing but I can't trust myself to portion control so points are definitely the way to go for me!

I think my taste buds are already changing a little. Last night after my super low point day I had a very unhealthy snack (although well within points) of warburtons thin filled with a little cheese and worcester sauce and it was just so...greasy. I think I'm obviously missing the fruit and veg and it still feels heavy on my stomach today. Taught me a good lesson, I thought it would be lovely (used to eat things like that all the time) but it was just greasy stodge. Oh well lesson learned, and still in my points so it could have been worse.

Oh my gosh warburtons square wrap pizza was LUSH. Far better than most frozen pizzas with minimum points!

Mine used 1 half and half wrap (3 points), tomato puree and paprika, assorted dry fry veg (mushroom, red onion, pepper, cherry tomato) and 40g grated cheese (5 points) in the oven for 7 minutes. Absolutely delicious. Really the best thing I've made so far and not many points. Had it with a large salad followed by home made frozen yogurt (1 0% fat greek yogurt (3 points) with 1tbsp maple syrup (1 point) and frozen berries put in my omniblend until it forms ice cream). So good. What a happy food day :D

I love warby wrap pizzas:)

Your pudding sounds delicious - what is an omniblend? If you don't mind me asking xx

It's like a super powerful blender. It can make hot soups or ice cream without having to heat or cool things, you just pop the bits in and it does it for you. Expensive to buy but we love it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

A quick on the go post to say 7.5lbs off this week. I'm absolutely thrilled and feel so much better for having lost over a stone! I have more energy and my OH says I look slimmer too :)
Just goes to show when you finally find your will power and motivation it definitely can be done!

Well done SS! That is superb! A pound a day is just outrageous!

I know I'm so surprised! Mostly because I know first week loss is generally good with water loss but to lose that much in the second week is amazing. I know it'll slow but still, what a motivating start :D

Today was a tricky day as I was at Flamingo Land which had rubbish food everywhere and it was so hot. But I stuck to my points, found the one place that had fruit pots for sale LOL. Had a small whippy ice cream as a treat which I think is 4 pro points. Onwards and downwards!

A quick on the go post to say 7.5lbs off this week. I'm absolutely thrilled and feel so much better for having lost over a stone! I have more energy and my OH says I look slimmer too :)
Just goes to show when you finally find your will power and motivation it definitely can be done!

OMG!! 16lbs in 2 weeks is absolutely fantastic well done you xx

Back