No more Fruit - Help Needed!!!

Cai

has a thin girl inside!
I have been ill this week and went to the doctors this morning. She informed me that my IBS has flared up (badly) she asked about my diet (as in what i eat) and she said i really need to cut the fruit out for a while as it's acidic and will effect my tummy.:cry:

What syn free snacks can i have?? I eat a lot of fruit every day - Breakfast is fruit and all my snacks are fruit ...

I wil try up my superfree veg but I can't eat it as easily as fruit! :cry:

Any help/suggesions welcome! Hopefully only be for a week or so.

Cai said:
I have been ill this week and went to the doctors this morning. She informed me that my IBS has flared up (badly) she asked about my diet (as in what i eat) and she said i really need to cut the fruit out for a while as it's acidic and will effect my tummy.:cry:

What syn free snacks can i have?? I eat a lot of fruit every day - Breakfast is fruit and all my snacks are fruit ...

I wil try up my superfree veg but I can't eat it as easily as fruit! :cry:

Any help/suggesions welcome! Hopefully only be for a week or so.

What about lots off soups or crudités with cottage cheese
Maybe try ham & cheese roll ups too.
Cherry tomatoes,pickled onions,mini beet root, cucumber,sugar snap peas are nice parboiled and eaten cold,also boiled eggs, cold filled jacket potato skins
Hope they help x

do you like houmous? i would make a batch of it and then dip carrot, celery, cucumber sticks in it

yummy and free

Wow some excellent ideas thanks ;-)

Need to look up the sw homous recipe tomorrow.

I have got some laughing cows, pepper and carrot sticks for tomorrow - not the most appitising!

If you arent already, you could switch to red/green plans instead of EE. Whilst the superfree is encouraged there, its not essential in the same way as it is with EE, and you could still have plenty of veg with your lunch/dinner.

I had a bout of IBS a few months ago, and my C told me to look it up on the SW website. You could alwaes speak to your C too, for any tips. My GP prescribed me tablets to help, ahem, ease the bloating, maybe she/he could do that? I also started taking peppermint supplements, much nicer than the peppermint tea!

Thanks Claire,
I will try the peppermint supplements...I just wish i could eat peppermint sweets! LOL

Back