No one said it was easy.

TtMummy

Silver Member
This is when it's hard. I have been up almost all night with my 7 year old who has croup. After 2 hours sleep I am up to take my 8 year old to her swim club training. I'm starving. I feel queasy through exhaustion. All I want right now is toast and peanut butter. But I have 10 mins. I'm all out of cereal so I will have to grab a banana to keep me going for the couple of hours till I get home. Yes, this is when it's hard but then, no one said parenting and losing weight would be easy! Stay strong.

On the up side, typing that post STOPPED me eating crap!

Goodness, you poor thing. It really can be tough can't it. Do you have any cereal bars you can take? I hope for your sake there's a cafe at the swimming pool and you can sink a few strong coffee's while you're there to perk yourself up a bit! Hope your little one is better soon and that you manage to get some rest today x

Goodness, you poor thing. It really can be tough can't it. Do you have any cereal bars you can take? I hope for your sake there's a cafe at the swimming pool and you can sink a few strong coffee's while you're there to perk yourself up a bit! Hope your little one is better soon and that you manage to get some rest today x

*hugs* as a parent of a child with a cyclic fever disorder, I feel your pain honey. keep calm and carry on.

Thanks guys. Cyclic fever - awful, you poor things. :bighug:

Well, I resisted the toast whilst typing the minimins post (so quick, so easy, so wrong!) and got through swimming with a HUGE coffee and a lovely chat to friend. Came home and cooked up a big red day breakfast platter and now all is well. The kids are watching movies and doodling. I don't think my littlest dd will be out of bed for long today. Hopefully she'll have a better night - the humidifier helps alot.

Thank you for your thoughts and thank you minimins for saving me this morning! x

Well done for resisting the toast!

Hope she feels better soon and you have a better night :)

Back