No oven for a few weeks - any ideas?!

mijdge

We're currently in the process of renovating our kitchen. It's going to look amazing, but for the time being we only have a microwave, a cooking stove with two burners, a George Foreman grill and a kettle to cook with!

Any quick and easy recipes that we can rustle up using these?

TIA x

Watching closely as we are having our whole kitchen pulled down and rebuilt in a few weeks and will be in the same boat...

Loads of stuff you can do on the George Forman though. I throw meat on mine together with mushrooms, onions, peppers etc

What about a SW breakfast too? Bacon and SW sausages on the george foreman, eggs on the hob, beans in the microwave.

I guess stir frys, curries, chilli, pastat etc all on the hob...

Last edited:
Watching closely as we are having our whole kitchen pulled down and rebuilt in a few weeks and will be in the same boat...

Loads of stuff you can do on the George Forman though. I throw meat on mine together with mushrooms, onions, peppers etc

What about a SW breakfast too? Bacon and SW sausages on the george foreman, eggs on the hob, beans in the microwave.

I guess stir frys, curries, chilli, pastat etc all on the hob...

The hob is quite little, so I was thinking cooking lots of pasta or similar, then reheating with a sauce? Although not sure how the frying pan would really fit on the stove, it's tiny. We've just bought a new George, I'm loving it for cooking meat and veggies!

Also, maybe go down to Iceland and pick up a couple of SW frozen meals.

Our last slow cooker tripped the electric every time we used it, but I am most definitely going to get a new one! I was tempted by the ready meals - I think if I get stuck they'll be good in a pinch. Thanks, Ponytales! :) x

Slow cooker all the way! I got a fantastic one for £15 from Argos it's cookworks and is 3 litre. Plenty space to do a family sized meal especially if your doing potatoes or pasta etc separate and can even fit whole chickens and joints of meat in no problem :) had an expensive one and sold because this one was so much better and more reliable so it's a definite bargain!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

If it were me, I wouldn't cook anything at all. The weather is getting warmer and it's only for a couple of weeks.

I would have fruit, cold meats, cooked salmon, sandwiches and salads. On paper plates. (Presumably your washing up facilities will be affected too?)

I love my slow cookers! It would definitely be a god send with limited cooking facilities.

Ponytales - have you thought about batch cooking and freezing now so that when your kitchen is being done, you'll have plenty of options? Xx

How about a halogen oven you can cook everything that you normally cook in an oven in it in less time and using less electricity. You can use less oil because the fan circulates the air, you can get really good roasties and chips and cook a whole chicken in one. They are brill! You can get them at a reasonable price too!

Back