No really....I'm happy being big.

Im not saying they are lying but IMO there is no way Dawn French was a size 20 and Without being rude about it I am the same height as Fern Britton and I did not look that big when I was a size 16. Is it just me or do they both look a lot older now that they have lost weight? I think out of them all Nigella looks amazing.

Just my opinion though:)

I would agree ,all those before sizes were wrong,maybe Nigella wasn't. Most people of older years,look older once they've lost weight, me included lol, as the plump is keeping the wrinkles at bay ;)

Fantastic achievement all of them. X

Id put Ferns size in the mid 20s and Dawn probably about a 30

Dawn looks fantastic and her weight loss hasnt affected her facially. Ive always thought Fern looked better (facially) when she was heavier.

Nigella - ugh! Have no interest in what that woman is/was/says. If she was chocolate shed eat herself, diet or no diet.

Id put Ferns size in the mid 20s and Dawn probably about a 30

Dawn looks fantastic and her weight loss hasnt affected her facially. Ive always thought Fern looked better (facially) when she was heavier.

Nigella - ugh! Have no interest in what that woman is/was/says. If she was chocolate shed eat herself, diet or no diet.

I would have said the same about Fern,I'd say a 24/26 at least even looking at her now she looks more a size 16 now!
Agree about Dawn being a 30.

I disagree about Nigella though, love her! lol

Jodieboo said:
I think Nigella is beautiful. I'd be happy to look like her before picture, I think she has/had lovely womanly curves.

I agree. I think she looks in need of a good sun tan & sleep now she's 'thin', but its all about her, and whether she is happy.

I think its also worth remembering that photos are deceptive. Its entirely possible (though i admit quite unlikely) that Dawn french was a size 20, but takes a bad photo. Some people can carry weight better than others (even at a size 22 my friends & family never considered me 'fat' even though i was obese). Have to say though, Fern brittan looks much bigger than a size 16 in the before photo, and size wise, dropping from a 16 to 12 is 4 inches round the waist - she's lost a damn site more than that (or her before pic was REALLY bad)

Plus there is also the 'Sun' factor to be taken into account in this story - in that if the Suntold me today was Friday i'd still check elsewhere just to be sure :)

I think its great that these women are trying to be healthief, as long as they are doing it for them & no one else. The ones that get me annoyed are the already slim celebs (Kate Winslet & Sophie Dahl comesto mind) who suddenly turn into twiglets with eyes - thats not healthy. I find myself shouting 'for gods sake eat some food woman' when i see these ones.

Very interesting Shirleen.

I have nothing to add to what has already been posted other than I do find those photos so inspirational................drat that piece of Rocky Road Mud Pie I had yesterday !!!!

I agree that losing weight ages you. So would u rather be thin or look youthful?

It's been said that the camera makes u gain 10 pounds so people might seem bigger in magazines and on tv. I read that kim kardashian was a size 6 but I don't think she looks it. Thought she was bigger

lucyc35 said:
I agree that losing weight ages you. So would u rather be thin or look youthful?

It's been said that the camera makes u gain 10 pounds so people might seem bigger in magazines and on tv. I read that kim kardashian was a size 6 but I don't think she looks it. Thought she was bigger

I'd rather be healthy!

Reading this reminds me of Vanessa Feltz......didn't she say she was an 18 originally??? (The first time she lost it all) I never believed that myself.

According to the people I know, losing weight has apparently made me look younger!

Having my hair all hacked off made me look even younger again allegedly!

I think Dawn French looks gorgeous - still such a lovely smile and such silky hair.

I just find Fern annoying thin or fat for some reason.

Pauline looks happy but her face has aged to such - which is a shame and I know the feeling!!

Nigella - hmmmm - she used to just eat so much cream and sugar laden food that I think she should help all the people who ate her recipes lose weight - she owes them that!!

I think all of them look great mainly because unlike some celebs (yes Sophie Dahl I'm talking about you!) they haven't taken their weightloss to the extreme, they all still have curves and don't look like lollipop heads!
That said I am so in love with Nigella that she could be any size and I'd still adore her (and her delicious calorific recipes! Lol!)

xx

As a bloke, (me, not her:eek:) I think Dawn French is a lovely girly as a fatty or a skinny! - her sense of humour is just a lovely cherry on a gorgeous cake;)

Lenny Henry you fool!

Steve

:cool:

Maximus said:
As a bloke, (me, not her:eek:) I think Dawn French is a lovely girly as a fatty or a skinny! - her sense of humour is just a lovely cherry on a gorgeous cake;)

Lenny Henry you fool!

Steve

:cool:

I was quite upset when they split up, daft I know but after so long together it worried me for my own marriage!
Often funny people aren't funny at home and can be rather depressive, maybe two of them together would drive you nuts?

I think they look great - very inspirational.

I was quite upset when they split up, daft I know but after so long together it worried me for my own marriage!
Often funny people aren't funny at home and can be rather depressive, maybe two of them together would drive you nuts?
They did well to keep it together so long in the goldfish bowl that is "showbiz". Two funny people in the same house at times would have been great, but not always. Anyway, it seems amicable enough and they're mates.

More importantly, she seems as happy being slimmer as she was being large.

PS your hubby told me there's no worry on that score as you're just not funny;) - in fact his exact words were "Living with Shirleen? - that's no joke....":p

Wow! Amazing. The photos kept me motivated.

They did well to keep it together so long in the goldfish bowl that is "showbiz". Two funny people in the same house at times would have been great, but not always. Anyway, it seems amicable enough and they're mates.

More importantly, she seems as happy being slimmer as she was being large.

PS your hubby told me there's no worry on that score as you're just not funny;) - in fact his exact words were "Living with Shirleen? - that's no joke....":p

Hahahah! He would say exactly that too!

Back