No regrets Bride to be

Gingernut85

I have decided to create a weight loss diary to make me accountable for my food as I have become a bit complacent at the moment with my diet and I haven't really lost much weight for the whole of November!

Since I went to university I have struggled with my weight gaining and losing the same two stone over a 10 yr period!
So my fiancée proposed this summer and we are getting married next October. It is now time to take charge of my weight problem once and for all.

I've tried every diet under the sun and sometimes I think with all my knowledge I could set up my own slimming club... I'm just not able to put it into practice! I recently tried Xenical tablets and I hated them. I was constantly afraid of eating the wrong food but making up for it my eating food like bread and haribos with no fat in them.

I have talked to several brides over the years who regret not losing enough weight for their wedding day. I honestly do not want to look back on my wedding day with regrets. I have already been a bridesmaid several times and am unhappy with most of the pictures due to my weight.

Since August I have lost 10lbs. Its slow but not steady! I keep going up and down due to making wrong choices. Ideally I'd like to lost another 3 and a half stone for my wedding day. I start dress shopping next february and would like to have lost at least another stone to a stone and a half by then!

I follow slimming world roughly and go to the weekly weigh in each week.

So today's food so far;

Breakfast;
Belvita Biscuit Bar 10syns

Lunch
2 slices of bacon
fried egg
onions and tomatoes

snack
Options Hot chocolate with 2 marshmallows 4 syns
Apple

Dinner
Slimming world bolognese with extra veg
pasta
teaspoon of Parmesan 1 syn

Last minute trip to cinema
Bag of popcorn 8 syns
2 sweets 5 syns
Diet coke

Total syns 28

Exercise: 5km walk in 45mins

Last edited:
Today's food

Breakfast
Activia 0% yogurt
Belvita breakfast biscuits 7 syns

Lunch
2 rashers
2 black puddin ?syns
Fried egg
Beans
Tomatoes

Dinner
Slimming world bolognase
Pasta
Parmesan teaspoon 1syn

Snacks
Options hot choc with 2 marshmallows 4 syns

Went visiting and got hungry so kept nibbling at the sandwiches on display so easily had two full sandwiches and a handful of crisps, so well and truely went WAY over my syns!!

Exercise
Walk 5km

Last edited:
I have decided to create a weight loss diary to make me accountable for my food as I have become a bit complacent at the moment with my diet and I haven't really lost much weight for the whole of November! Since I went to university I have struggled with my weight gaining and losing the same two stone over a 10 yr period! So my fiancée proposed this summer and we are getting married next October. It is now time to take charge of my weight problem once and for all. I've tried every diet under the sun and sometimes I think with all my knowledge I could set up my own slimming club... I'm just not able to put it into practice! I recently tried Xenical tablets and I hated them. I was constantly afraid of eating the wrong food but making up for it my eating food like bread and haribos with no fat in them. I have talked to several brides over the years who regret not losing enough weight for their wedding day. I honestly do not want to look back on my wedding day with regrets. I have already been a bridesmaid several times and am unhappy with most of the pictures due to my weight. Since August I have lost 10lbs. Its slow but not steady! I keep going up and down due to making wrong choices. Ideally I'd like to lost another 3 and a half stone for my wedding day. I start dress shopping next february and would like to have lost at least another stone to a stone and a half by then! I follow slimming world roughly and go to the weekly weigh in each week.

Well done for taking charge and attempting to do something about your weight so that you can enjoy your big day to the fullest. It can be very difficult to get started but definitely worth it.

I'm one of those brides who regrets not loosing the weight before my wedding, I got married 6 months ago and I hate myself in the photos. I managed to lose a stone before the big day but still looked massive. I also put that stone back on until I started my weight again 2 months ago - almost 2 stone down again now. :)

I'm sure you'll be able to reach your goals, good luck on your journey! Keep posting!

:D

Subscribing!

I'm trying to lose weight for my sister's wedding in feb and then keep it off for my own wedding in may 2016. I originally joined slimming world for my other sisters wedding a few years ago, lost a good bit but had put some back on by the time of her wedding- felt self conscious all day since the dress was tight when a few months earlier (when it had first came into the shop) it was loose.

Thanks for the support girls. I was bridesmaid 3 times and never once felt happy and confident in my dress. So I really want my wedding day to be different.
I've a very large family and a large group of friends so I always have social engagements and they always involved food. It's very hard to refuse temptation.

But on a sadder note I've a funeral to go to tonight and tomoro so I don't know what the food situation will be. It's a very sad day so I'm not gonna worry about it too much.
My weigh in is tomoro but I might not make it. I'll see how the day goes.

Today's food

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs
Activia 0% yogurt

Lunch
Slim bagel
Tuna in sundried tomatoe (John west sachet) 3.5 syns
Homemade chicken soup

Dinner
M&S count on us chicken dinner (this is 9.5 syns but don't have time with funeral)

Snacks
Banana
Orange

Homemade potato wedges in sweet chilli and a little mayonnaise
1 square of chocolate
A bite of carrot cake.

Last edited:
So home from funeral and I wasn't too bad. Just had the wedges, 1 square of choc and a bite of carrot cake. It could have been much worse than that....

Today's food

breakfast
2 weetabix and skimmed milk
2 fried eggs
beans

lunch
this was at the funeral
vegetable soup (doubt it was slimming world friendly but no cream)
ham salad sandwiches
2 Baileys Coffees

dinner
cod in a parsley sauce
roasted veg

snacks
1 biscuit
handful of crisps

exercise
triathlon swimming drills 80minutes

Weigh in day- up half a pound!
disappointed but went straight after lunch so I'm trying to blame the food!
But being honest with myself I didn't stick closely enough with the plan this week.
I need to do a proper food shop after work tomoro and get organised. I haven't got the proper food in at the moment so I keep making bad choices!

Today's food

breakfast
40g porridge
strawberries and blueberries

lunch
pitta bread 6syns
turkey
salad
Tbsp of extra light salad cream 1 syn

dinner
slimming world chicken and pea risotto

snacks
banana
10almonds 3syn
lolly 2syns
hot choc with marshmallows 4syns

Last edited:
Half a pound isn't too bad, especially when you haven't been able to stay on plans. It can be awful hard at funerals, there's never really much to have on plan, and usually you don't really care too much since it's a sad enough time.

Hope you have a better week this week. Slimming world chicken and pea risotto sounds yum :)

Ya I suppose half a pound isn't too bad. But I was up a half last week too. So over the last two weeks I've gone up a pound so not ideal.
I'm away this week too so will have to be very careful with my choices and the following week is my engagement party!! So lots of food and drink! And then were into the silly season!! So hard this time of year, but I've to stop making excuses and behave myself!

Today's food

breakfast
2 boiled eggs
half a melon

lunch
pitta bread (hex b)
turkey
salad
salad cream 1 syns

dinner
Chicken parmigiana 6syns
new potatoes roasted
peas
sweercorn

snacks
banana
apple
10 almonds 3syns
hot choc and marshmallow 4syns

exercise
triathalon swimming drills 80mins

Last edited:
Yesterday's food
2 boiled eggs
quarter melon

lunch
pitta
turkey
salad
salad cream 1 syn

away for the night so dinner in a restaurant
Starter: goats cheese tartlet
Main: cod in breadcrumbs with chips and salad
very limited options, nothing really low fat so only ate half the chips.

snacks
banana x2
0% activia yogurt
10 almonds 3 syns
1 portion of microwave chips 3.5syns
Melon
2 vodka and sparkling water 8syns

Last edited:
Today's food

hotel breakfast
melon
I had the cooked veggie option
but need to syn
half a slice of white bread with butter
hash brown
bite sized apple pastry.

lunch
left it too late and was starving so made a very bad choice:
Southern fried chicken burger... Loaded with coleslaw
2 onions rings
handful of chips
garlic mayonnaise

snack
hot choc and 2 marshmallows
50g of frosties and skim milk

Last edited:
Today was a write off!!
I started off well and made ok decisions at breakfast considering there was lots of temptations on display in the hotel buffet.
I went on a wild shopping spree today and spent a fortune, but I let myself get too hungry and then I ended up ordering a burger because I was starving. I shared the chips with my fiancé.
The burger was quite filling so didn't have dinner although when I got home I got hungry and didn't have the right food end so ended up having a bowl of cereal!!
i need to cop on and get stronger will power!!

Today's food

Breakfast
beans on toast

Lunch

2 ryvitas 5 syns
Tuna in sundried tomato 3.5 syns
pear

Dinner
chicken chasseur 2syns
lots of veg
potato

snacks
2 segments of Terry's chocolate orange 4syns

Last edited:
Hi Sarah not sure what you mean?

I start a new post every morning and edit it on my phone as the day goes on. So when I eat I edit my post. It saves having to physically write it down.

Back