No thanks ... I'm not hungry.

I am really bad at saying "No"! I don't want to disappoint anyone, I don't want to upset anyone, I am happy when everyone around me is happy ... but those people are not happy while I am this unhealthy so it's time to change.

I'm 285 lbs. I genuinely cannot think if a time when I ate because I was hungry. I eat when I'm bored and lonely and too tired or lazy to cook properly and I never say no to food, especially if someone else has made it.

I have always been big ... I did once lose weight - I lost 7 stone on 6 months to try to qualify for ivf after years of failing to get pregnant. I didn't need ivf - got pregnant as soon as I reached a healthy weight! However, i destroyed my efforts by eating rubbish and using my long awaited pregnancy as a reason not to exercise.

I have messed about with various diets. Promised myself "I'll start on Monday" for years and finally I have had enough. I can't live like this it's ridiculous. My life is on hold waiting to be thin and i am missing out on amazing opportunities everyday ... and for what? An extra piece of cake??! It's pathetic. It stops now.

I know this time is different. I can feel it. I'm not going to diet. I am going to work with my amazing husband to create a healthy environment for our children to grow up in. I refuse to be a fat lazy mum that can keep up with my toddler son and I will not allow my baby daughter to grow up in an environment where food is a negative or obsessive entity.

I am an adult and responsible for my own decisions - no one is forcing me to eat or not exercise. I need to grow up and learn to say "No"! I'm going to start with "No thanks ... I'm not hungry".

Good for you 2852165! That's the easy bit over!
I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that anyway.. and I've had that conversation with myself too!
Trouble is we are so good at "forgetting" when confronted with our feelings aren't we?
I do so hope that it really works for you this time and I'll be looking in to see how things are progressing...You're in the right place for lots of encouragement and advice.

All the very best to you.. :)

Thank you. I think the major difference this time is that my husband and I are doing this together. I think the more support you have the more likely you are to achieve your goals. Surely that is the basis of this forum.
I feel confident about the food I know what I should be eating. I am concerned that we will not exercise enough and I'm trying to find more ways to incorporate exercise into our lives without having to pay for expensive gym memberships or babysitters.
We have too many visits to play parks where we just sit on the bench!! :)

Welcome & best of luck to you!!

I think it definitely does help keep you in the right mindset when you have someone to work together with on the whole thing. And you definitely do not need to fork out for a gym membership! Don't throw yourself head first into too much exercise at the beginning though or you might lose heart - baby steps and build it up! And incorporate your kids into the mix too - enjoy their energy and learn from it :D

Just popped in to wish you good luck ! I'm slowly dropping down from just under 19st (unofficial top weight ) I was an emotional eater, chocoholic, yoyo dieter, etc.

It's never too late to change bad habits and get healthy.

Diva x

I am really bad at saying "No"! I don't want to disappoint anyone, I don't want to upset anyone, I am happy when everyone around me is happy ... but those people are not happy while I am this unhealthy so it's time to change.

I'm 285 lbs. I genuinely cannot think if a time when I ate because I was hungry. I eat when I'm bored and lonely and too tired or lazy to cook properly and I never say no to food, especially if someone else has made it.

I have always been big ... I did once lose weight - I lost 7 stone on 6 months to try to qualify for ivf after years of failing to get pregnant. I didn't need ivf - got pregnant as soon as I reached a healthy weight! However, i destroyed my efforts by eating rubbish and using my long awaited pregnancy as a reason not to exercise.

I have messed about with various diets. Promised myself "I'll start on Monday" for years and finally I have had enough. I can't live like this it's ridiculous. My life is on hold waiting to be thin and i am missing out on amazing opportunities everyday ... and for what? An extra piece of cake??! It's pathetic. It stops now.

I know this time is different. I can feel it. I'm not going to diet. I am going to work with my amazing husband to create a healthy environment for our children to grow up in. I refuse to be a fat lazy mum that can keep up with my toddler son and I will not allow my baby daughter to grow up in an environment where food is a negative or obsessive entity.

I am an adult and responsible for my own decisions - no one is forcing me to eat or not exercise. I need to grow up and learn to say "No"! I'm going to start with "No thanks ... I'm not hungry".

So true and something I think we all have or will have to say to ourselves if we ever plan on getting serious with or goals and not just with dropping the weight. I am very inspired by your words and wish you nothing but the best in all of your endeavors. Your family is blessed to have you and you them.

:)

Aww thanks, guys you are all so lovely.

The last few days have been great. I made a list of all the foods I like and highlighted them in different colours to reflect how healthy they are and we have filled our cupboards with the healthier foods we like. I'm doing all my shopping online so it is much easier not to pick up extra food I don't need.

Today I have cleared out my wardrobe and ditched any clothes that are too big, too ugly or remind me of sad times. I feel a weight has been lifted from me already. I have beautiful clothes in smaller sizes and I'm really looking forward to being able to wear them again.

Good luck! I hope we can all support each other keep each other going. This forum is a fab place.

My little girl is nearly three and I know that I want to change my ways so that she doesn't become lazy like me,

I love the idea of colour coding your favourite foods. It could almost be a new weight watchers esque plan! Only 2 red items a day, lol.

All the best x

Today our freezer arrived. It's just wee and will go in the garage but it's big enough to fill with healthy pre-made meals and portions of lean meat and fish. This weekend we are going make massive trays of healthy lasagne, chilli, stew, soup and freeze them in sensible portions.

I eat poorly when I'm disorganise. If we run out of food we just snack, eat rubbish or order takeaways. Hopefully with a selection of healthy pre-portioned meals available I will break this bad habit.

We are going to try recipes from the Hairy Biker Dieters Cookbook. They look amazing! I hope my culinary skills are up to it!!

That's what we were thinking Emmaline. It's not much more work to cook three times as much and freeze the extra.
It is also much cheaper to make meals like this compared to getting a takeaway!! We normally get two takeaways a week so the money we save will be an extra bonus!

... I just wish I was better at cooking!!! :)

Made the best lasagne today! Replaced half the mince with mushrooms and mixed it with grated carrot and diced peppers and courgette!
250kcals for a massive portion!! Love it!!

Back