Non Scale Victories

Hoz

Silver Member
Couldn't see a thread for this in here.
We always seem to put a lot of emphasis on the numbers of weight loss, but how about the other stuff?
I got rid of a sack-full of clothes the day before yesterday because they were all too big for me :)

What non scale victories has everyone else had?

Such a good idea! I haven't gotten rid of clothes yet though everything is much looser - it's a reminder throughout the day when I feel the urge to raid the biscuits :) x

It's such a nice feeling when you notice somethings gotten a baggy isn't it? I definitely find it improves my willpower too :)

I love this :)

I have been pushing all my clothes to the back of the wardrobe as they have become too big. ...Have a couple of days of in Feb so going to get rid of them all one day then go on a shopping spree the next :-D

Aw that'll feel so rewarding! Can't wait til I can shop for regular clothes instead of looking for the fat bird corner in New Look - so demoralising being sectioned off like that x

I have to agree I have started this lifestyle change for health reason... ok I may only be two weeks in but the change has been absolutely fantastic to the point where I haven't weighed myself now for a week.

I have a heart condition that results in a fast irregular heart rate. I can honestly say I have noticed a marked difference in my symptoms im putting that down to consciously eating regularly keeping sugar levels stable etc no caffeine.
I have a wheat intolerance so the now lack of refined carbs have really improved that.
my skin has cleared to the point people are commenting on the change. My mood and sleeping pattern are better and no more falling asleep at my desk at 3pm hahaha.

I love the fact I had a weight loss of 8lbs but this is fantastic just feeling well. id carry on even if I it didn't show on the scales.

I didn't lose anywhere near as much as I wanted in pounds in the past month. But I had decided to take monthly progress photos, and in the one I have taken today my body looks much better, leaner, and more muscle. This may be a good idea for everyone because sometimes how many pounds youve lost really doesn't tell the whole story

I love this thread

one I just thought of as I was looking at shoes in a shop yesterday (but didnt buy any!) is that I can now wear high heels as my balance is so much better after having shed over 3 stone.

I'm not a natural in high heels like some girls seem to be so I've always struggled and before I've felt like I could take a tumble at any moment but now I'm much steadier!!

I would love to wear a pair of high heels again, I stopped wearing them years ago,I just felt too heavy to wear them.

Even though I am a dress size smaller since xmas,I`ve not got much to get rid of, as I refused to buy anything but the basics when I got to a size 26/28, but, any size I get to from now on,there will be a small shop load to get rid of lol

Loving the replies to this thread :D
I had another good moment a couple of days ago, my boyfriend offered to buy me a pair of trousers I liked and I was able to pick up a size 'M' off the shelf and they fit fine, they were from Aldi too where I think the sizes come up quite small :)
My favourite one sounds a bit weird, but sometimes now if I'm looking in a mirror doing my hair or make up I can see my collar bone - I haven't seen that since I was 17!

I bought a dress a while ago but it was a bit small - it fits now, in fact it's a little roomy now :-D

Going on a date tonight. ... First time I've had the confidence to do it! !!!

Going on a date tonight. ... First time I've had the confidence to do it! !!!

Thats an awesome one! Hope it went well :)

second date tonight. ... Going Ice skating! !!! I never thought I'd have the courage to do that! !!!

Aww sounds lovely, and romantic! :D

tried to pick my almost 8 year old daughter up yesterday and she was too heavy for me. ... I have lost more weight than she weighs. ... god knows how I used to carry it all around!

Back