Noom?

Hi there,
I have always done SW and WW - works fine but being a mum of a fussy eating toddler during lockdown, it’s not working well for me.

I keep getting emails about Noom. Not looks like an interesting concept. My issue isn’t eating sweets, I am a big eater of savoury foods and alcohol 😅. Right now bread and cheese is my real downfall during lockdown and I’ve gained a stone on top of the baby weight I never lost.

could I get some opinions on this - whether it’s worth while or if it’s just a fad.

just feeling really low these days about how I look and feel that I need to do something to make myself feel better.

I've not spoken to anyone about Noom. Interesting to research it as I get the adverts on youtube.

What do you think?

I’ll check out these links to see what others say.
It sounds like a great idea to try and change your thinking around eating but I never hear anyone saying they are doing it 🤔
I was about to subscribe with them recently but changed my mind before I confirmed the application online and they hound you constantly with spam emails telling you to join. Think this was why I haven’t jumped straight in.

I don't do Noom but I have a Nutritionist and it's all about thinking around what you eat for health and weight loss.
I have had Sinusitis since 2012 and within a couple of weeks with her she has cleared it up something the dr's couldn't do. She pinpointed what foods could be causing it and how to keep my blood sugar level so I don't crave sweet things or binge.
I also suffered with ibs and that has almost disappeared.

You do have to have the right mindset and want to do it. Like any plan you can't go into it half hearted.

This sounds like the sort of idea I’m looking for. I did consider looking towards a nutritionist.
Since having my 2.5 yo tot, my mindset/mental health has gone out the window. I’ve had to change a lot of things in my life - never ever the littles fault but we had a lot of plans laid out that sadly didn’t happen and me and hubs had to give up a lot of things. Since then, my eating had been terrible - little is a terrible picky eater and I was taught never to waste food.

thankfully now, it’s slowly coming together and I can now start focusing on what I eat but the issue I have is that my portion sizes have increased - before I was 3 meals but unhealthy, and now I’m (god knows) how many meals but healthier.

going through the noom questionnaire, it sounded right but you are definitely correct, I think no matter what option, I need to have a strong mindset to get out of this pickle I’ve put myself in 😔

I’m reading a book called Home Coming:Reclaiming and Championing your inner child. Look it up and if you fancy reading it let me know as I have it as a pdf.

Back