Nooooooo :(

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
No no no, I am SO stupid. I had my first weigh in today - lost 15lbs!!! Very pleased and even went to Nando's and just drank water while everyone else ate.

But then - I had 9 malteasers. 9. Grrr.

Do you think this will have knocked me out of ketosis? I think so. I'm so gutted :( x

Well, let's do the science bit. I can't remember how many Maltesers there are in a packet, but let's say it's 20. So you had half a packet.

A 37g packet has 187 calories and 23g carb.

So you had 90 calories and 11.5g carb.

In effect then, what you did there is have another shake (a Cambridge shake has around 13g carb and 140 calories, give or take a bit). (And no, I'm not saying it's a good idea to swap an extra shake for 9 Maltesers on a regular basis... :D)

But that's definitely not the end of the world. It might temporarily raise your blood sugar but not for long. No real harm done so long as you don't eat anything else now until morning.

Don't panic. :hug99:

Lily that's really helpful. I never realised that the packs contained a small amount of carbs. I had it in my mind that the moment you ate carbs (or anything other than CD food packs) that you would get out of ketosis. Makes sense now you think about it.

I'll stop agonising over the 5 mouthfuls of pumpkins soup and 5 mouthfuls of polenta I had to (work lunch with set menu) eat for lunch in that case!

Awww! Yes that is amazing!!!! Thanks so much lovely, slightly less worried now! Back in 100% mode! x

Yup. The trick is not to let a slip like that turn into a full blown, "Oh s*d it, I've ruined everything now!" excuse to eat everything in sight. Because usually, you haven't.

Most of us struggle with that bit, odd though it sounds.

Hope you're having a good day today x

Its funny because last night I had a dream that I went to an ice cream parlour...you know the rest.

I woke up really angry and upset with myself because I thought I'd 'ruined' my diet! It was quite a good thing actually as it served as a warning about how I'd feel if I did go off the rails and just said 'sod the diet' and gave up

Hahah wish I'd dreamt about the maltaseasers lol!

Will tell you one thing - do not slip! Thought I could 'just have one' ended up having the whole frickin' pack ... Luckily there were only 9 left! xx

Back