'normal' food tastes rubbish. I love Atkins!

bluecatlady

Well. I have a holiday next week and decided to do the usual, oh I'll have a break from the diet thing, knowing I'd gain my water weight but not bothered by this.

So, we started early, as you do when cheat time is coming up, a carvery last night, full of potatoes and today I made a carrot cake and we had take away chips for dinner...sounds great huh?!

Wrong!

I am happy to say everything has tasted like the dirty rubbish it is.

The carvery while tasty put me to sleep with a massive carb crash which was pretty funny.

The cake tastes like evil sugar death and gave me an almost instant sugar headache and left me feeling very sick and bloated from the wheat.

The chips tasted like the bad fat filled grease they were. Yuck!

Also, compared to six weeks ago I can't eat half the volume of food I used to be able to!

I am so, so happy my taste buds have changed for the better and I now know how bad bad food makes me feel. Even thou I ate very few takeaways and little cake before I had no idea it was the food making me feel so bad. I'm happy I feel awful after chips because now I never want them again!

Hooray! I'm so glad I stuck to a month of induction so strictly and cleared my pallet of rubbish because now I know how rubbish it is! Can't wait to get back onto strict induction after next week... I'm drinking an extra litre of water as I type to help flush the junk!

Last edited:
Hey how encouraging. I must admit I'm only missing the look or thought of very bad things, the normal stuff around the house doesnt appeal after a month.

sig:--- Mark 6'4". Was 21 stone, is <19 now, two month goal is 17 stone. BMI says 13 stone but that's just daft.

Hey bigmark. I must admit bad stuff has not been appealing to me much either, but I have been missing potatoes very badly and I knew eventually I would cave and eat chips and what with everyone in the house too tired and ill too cook last night we had chips...and they were rubbish!

I'm pretty pleased because now any thoughts I had of missing them have been firmly moved to the yuck food collection and I can continue my diet knowing they suck not craving them!

It's like milk, I've posted on here about my unbelievable craving for milk that took a whole month to subside and it was a very tough battle but I tried a few sips a week ago to Add some quick carbs to a very low day and I didn't like it as it's far to sweet now. So while I still have days when I physically crave it I now don't want it, which makes the craving much easier to ignore.

I guess you're on your hols now BCL. I'm just back from mine (again...I'm not usually away this much, honest!), and I was the same. I ate JUNK. And I gained. And it wasn't worth it, with the sole exception of cocktails. Man, I loved those cocktails. These days, miraculously, I can take or leave bread, chips, ice-cream and crisps, but sugary liqueurs get me every time, dammit.

Hope you're having a great time and are channelling Edith Piaf- je ne regrette rien!

Hey boggins, I'm glad you have had a good time!
Over the last two weeks I've eaten some cake, but I made dark chocolate gluten free cake only sweetened by cream so almost on plan... And some KFC, not so on plan. Also some other rubbish that was pretty naff, local chips etc.

Worst thing I did was have a bacon roll, instant gallbladder attack, wheat tummy and a nasty trip to the gp's to be told I'm too heavy for surgery despite having zero health problems apart from a duff gallbladder.

Did I mention they offered to cut out 90% of my stomach? Apparently that's important surgery, can't have anyone being fat but in pain and slowly going gangrenous, that's fine.

This has been an awfully holiday and I'll be glad when I'm back on plan...which is basically after I've eaten the last piece of not low but much lower than wheat and sugar cake cake.

I've only gained my week one water weight which is a bonus I guess, then it's time to start jigging Atkins to fit me. Even the practice nurse told me to eat more calories. Never thought I'd hear that...

Last edited:
You are absolutely not even close to being too heavy to have your gallbladder out. Is going private an option at all? If not go back to your GP and demand a referral as that's a shameful lie. Say you want a surgeons opinion, not his - ideally ask to see a bariatric surgeon.

Well that's what I thought. I'm in good health for a start. He did give me the referral but told me the surgeons would give me a lot of flack about my weight and tell me to loose some before they would operate. I'll just have to see what a surgeon says. Thank you.

They might well ask you to go on a liver shrinking diet pre surgery - this can be a couple of weeks on milk and not much more - but for an experienced surgeon you're not too heavy.

They might well ask you to go on a liver shrinking diet pre surgery - this can be a couple of weeks on milk and not much more - but for an experienced surgeon you're not too heavy.

Lol, I lOVE mILK!!!!! Still all that sugar would make me super hungery!!! AGHH!

Thank you Moonlights, you've backed up what I thought, must admit my boyfriend who was with me got very angry with the gp who didn't bother to check my notes and see that I've lost 30 pounds since february on their records, he just saw a fat girl and judged.

Back