1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

North Staffs (okay, and Derbyshire, I suppose) oatcakes

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by Amanda the Leaf, 5 January 2014 Social URL.

1. Amanda the Leaf

Amanda the Leaf Well-Known Member

Just had my North Staffs oatcake breakfast and it made me wonder if this could be a contender for adding to the healthy extra B list.

(For the uninitiated, oatcakes are like pancakes but made with oats. Bit more to it than that I suppose but the main thing is they are not to be confused with those Scottish biscuit things.)

I confess I haven't done any maths or nutritional research but as far as I know the healthy extra B is for your fibre intake and oatcakes are allegedly high in fibre. I don't have the packaging with me unfortunately.

I mention this because my bacon, cheese & mushroom oatcake (pictured) has just cost me 8 syns - 5.5 for the oatcake and 2.5 for 12.5g of cheddar. I'm not complaining cos I'll just use my healthy extra B later in all likelihood, but I can't deny it would be nice if my oatcake made the list.

So I was wondering if anyone else thought this might be a good idea, or if we know what the criteria for being a healthy extra B is. If it doesn't meet the criteria, that's fine, but if it does then maybe we should get a little campaign going with SW HQ. :thumbup:

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Well-Known Member

It would depend entirely on the nutritional info including fibre and calorie content hun x

4. dipsy1512

dipsy1512 Well-Known Member

That picture is utter torture!!! I grew up with oatcakes and moved away years ago so I don't get oatcakes now unless my dad visits. He's not allowed in unless he's armed with a few dozen for my freezer :) I'm sitting wondering what to use my syns on today as I've not had any and then I see your picture haha

5. Amanda the Leaf

Amanda the Leaf Well-Known Member

Awwww bless, Dipsy!! You poor thing. They stock North Staffs oatcakes in most big branches of Tesco and Sainsbury's but they are the mass-produced ones. I don't live in the area either - I now live in deepest darkest Nottinghamshire - but my dad gave me a pack at Christmas which I froze (individually, not the whole pack) so that will keep me going for a while, one at a time (there was one a time when I'd have 3 at once, all filled to the brim with cheese..... sigh).

Oatcakes FTW! :p

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

6. dipsy1512

dipsy1512 Well-Known Member

Ooooooooh cheese and bacon with hp sauce yummy!!!! My dad has to bring at least 3 dozen haha bug then I only see him a couple of times a year so they have to last :) xxx