Extra Easy Not feeling hungry.....worried!!

slmansell

Hi all,

Newbie here, had two weigh ins so far, first week lost 9lbs, 2nd week lost 0.5 (had a long w/e away for my birthday so not too bad).

I'm really struggling with the whole "not feeling hungry" thing. I've dieted a couple of times and I'm used to a hungry feeling which means there will be losses on the scale. I'm worried that not being hungry means I won't lose anything this week.

Has anyone else felt like this?

Thanks

Sarah

well done on your losses so far. I am new to sw since january and my consultant said the thing with slimming world is you never have to feel hungry on this plan. i think its great and its the best healthy eating plan i have ever done. I dont feel like I am on a diet at all and I am never hungry on it :)

It's a good thing not to feel hungry, Slimming World has been designed as a low fat but filling diet :) As long as you follow the plan and stay within syns you will still lose the weight, I've felt full and was sometimes certain I wasn't going to lose weight that week, got to the scales and found I was wrong and I had lost. Congratulations on your great losses so far :D

Not feeling hungry means the plan is working - stick with it and you will see the results at the scales, well done so far and good luck for the future

Congratulations on your weight loss! Not feeling weak and hungry is a very good thing, it means you'll lose weight steadily and not have massive gains when you eat or go into starvation mode and cling onto fat. It's a great plan for life. I've done so many faddy diets and ended up heavier by doing them, had a big weight loss, only to put it back on and then some.

It can be hard to get your head round the phenomena but its a case of trusting it to work. I totally get it and even now I still worry about having a large fulfilling dinner and what it may show the next day. At the end of the day the key to success on slimming world is to recognise its not a diet. It doesn't leave you deprived or hungry. It's simply structured healthy eating. Yes other diets that leave you hungry may show large losses initially but if they worked long term....well you wouldn't be here. This is slow and steady approach and over time I have come to realise that hungry = bigger loss = bigger eventual gain or falling off the wagon sooner.

Hi Sarah! :wavey:

I agree with the others, not feeling hungry is the thing that appeals to me most about SW! It means that it's sustainable for me. Hungry = miserable on planet Macca! And hungry can also lead to eating rubbish/convenience food. I find it takes a lot of discipline to be prepared with the right foods around me every day, but the result is that I'm losing weight steadily and consistently. I would suggest your results so far (9.5lbs including a weekend away AND your birthday - wow!) are proof that you don't have to be hungry to lose weight. Trust the plan, it's worked for a lot of people. And good luck!

Just wanted to say thank you all for your advice (laptop died so not been on here since last week). I ended up losing 5lbs this week so very happy and starting to trust that SW works!

Sarah x

Congratulations, you have done great! proves that SW works...i have my first weigh in on Monday and will be over the moon if I've lost the kind of weight you did in week one! Good luckx

Back