not for me unfortunately

safc

I have tried sw. Gone back to ww. Come back here and so on and so on. Not really stuck at either. Sw confuses me. Ww is easier but i dont stick at it.
I have decided to go away and not diet for while. Try to make healthy choices and exercise and see how it goes.
Best of luck everyone. X

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

safc said:
I have tried sw. Gone back to ww. Come back here and so on and so on. Not really stuck at either. Sw confuses me. Ww is easier but i dont stick at it.
I have decided to go away and not diet for while. Try to make healthy choices and exercise and see how it goes.
Best of luck everyone. X

I'm not sure what confuses you about SW, however what I will say is that you have to be in the right frame of mind for any diet in order to stick at it, over the past 3 years I've done most of them but just haven't had the motivation to stick any longer than a few weeks. As a result I'm 3 stone heavier than when my son was born almost 3 years ago.

I'm not saying don't go and do your own thing, but any method of losing weight requires some level of planning, commitment and motivation, and I think you need to have those in place before doing anything.

I totally agree. Your head has to be in the right place. For so long now I have been trying to get my hubby to join S W as he needs to lose about 3st. He dabbled quite a while ago, he didnt need to understand it as I provided meals etc and he just ate what I put in front of him. He then decided to start eating rubbish again, the rest is history. He is diabetic and did his bloods the other day and they were raised and it frightenend him so much that he said, "thats it I need to lose weigh" I asked him what he wanted me to do, I said I was only too willing to help him and I would plan his meals etc but that he would have to meet me half way, no more denial, no more secret eating and not being honest about it! He agreed, he started Monday and has lost 3 lbs so for, and said he is really enjoying his meals, doesnt feel hungry, and is feeling very positive and motivated. He still doesnt understand plan, doesnt really want to understand it, he just says you give me what I should have! His head is now in the right place, so he will succeed if he keeps on like he is. safc whatever you decide to do I hope it goes well for you :)

Hi Hollys nan
Go to my link below and show your BH my recipes then ask him what's missing!
I had 2 strokes, T2 diabetic, high blood Pressure etc, now all ok!
Pete

safc said:
Best of luck everyone. X

Good look with whatever you chose, when you are in the right place to commit to whatever plan of healthy eating suits you it will work.

Diets didn't work for me until this time and I always blamed the diet lol! Looking back I know it wasn't the diet, it was me not following it properly and not having the strong motivation that I have now to carry on and succeed.

It will still be there when you're ready, whether you chose WW, SW or something else. Good luck! x

Last edited:
hollys nan said:
I totally agree. Your head has to be in the right place. For so long now I have been trying to get my hubby to join S W as he needs to lose about 3st. He dabbled quite a while ago, he didnt need to understand it as I provided meals etc and he just ate what I put in front of him. He then decided to start eating rubbish again, the rest is history. He is diabetic and did his bloods the other day and they were raised and it frightenend him so much that he said, "thats it I need to lose weigh" I asked him what he wanted me to do, I said I was only too willing to help him and I would plan his meals etc but that he would have to meet me half way, no more denial, no more secret eating and not being honest about it! He agreed, he started Monday and has lost 3 lbs so for, and said he is really enjoying his meals, doesnt feel hungry, and is feeling very positive and motivated. He still doesnt understand plan, doesnt really want to understand it, he just says you give me what I should have! His head is now in the right place, so he will succeed if he keeps on like he is. safc whatever you decide to do I hope it goes well for you :)

You are so lovely doing this for him so he doesn't have to think about it. I wish I had a hollys nan too and maybe I wouldn't obsess about food so much. Must be like the celebs when they have a chef.

i agree neither will work unless your in the right frame of mind. what i would say about slimming world is it teaches you about the right type of foods and even when you are struggling its much easier to limit weight gain.

E.g. If you try and add veg and salad to meals, cook with lean meats and dont eat the fat (remove skin from chicken, cut off fat from bacon, use extra lean mince etc) and dry fry or use fry light when cooking. if making a casserole etc try and add extra veg. Try and eat less bread etc. If using marg go for a thin scraping or even skip it altogether.

If you follow these type of habits of healthy eating you will naturally gain less / lose more than if you dont. So for me when I am not concentrating on dieting and maybe struggling (too much cake, chocolate etc) i think the gain isnt that bad as i follow what i call "the principles of slimming world". Often i end up maintaining in this way

You are so lovely doing this for him so he doesn't have to think about it. I wish I had a hollys nan too and maybe I wouldn't obsess about food so much. Must be like the celebs when they have a chef.

Thank you for such a nice post. I am doing it because I love him and want him to be around to watch our darling granddaughter grow up, and yes her name is Holly :)

Back