Induction Not hungry!!

KirstyLou12

Hi everyone :)

I'm on day 6 of induction and I'm really feeling great but I'm abit worried!
I know I don't have to calorie count but I keep track of my food on myfitnesspal, and I really struggling to get above 1200 calories every day, I have my goal at 1400 but not once have I made it to that! It's even worse now because I have no appetite so practically forcing myself to eat my meals, I've read many people saying just eat when your hungry but if I did that I'd not eat all day and I'm not interested in fasting!

I'm making sure I stick to my carb allowance, which is fine for me cos I love salad and veg. But I'm not eating enough fat! Besides adding butter to everything and olive oil and obviously the fat within other foods I'm not very adventurous, I hate mayonnaise and cream, I only like cheddar cheese, feta or mozzarella! But I can't eat that all day lol.

I've lost just over 7lbs since I started. But not sure if that's because I'm doing this right or because I've cut everything out, I was a coffee addict but ha don't had one or even a craving for one since I started!! I do feel good, i know its mostly water weight ive lost but I'm feeling better, I'm not craving anything, except yesterday when I just wanted an ice Lolly cos it's so hot here!!

soo after that long rambling post, do you think it matters that I'm not eating enough calories??

1200 is ok, if you're struggling to get over that don't fight yourself - ketosis naturally lowers the appetite but after a while you'll probably find it balances out with some higher and some lower days. Just make sure you're getting enough fats in what you do eat. Try oily fish, avocado, fattier cuts of meat etc.

Also have a look for sugar free ice lollies in the shops, they should be ok, check the label.

Back