Not in Ketosis

Birdie10

I am starting week 9 and I am only just in Ketosis. My losses are small considering the amount I have to lose. I drink 4l a day and my consultant moved me upto SS+ last week and I have 4 products as I prefer to take food completely out of them equation. I don't know what else to do to get me into deeper Ketosis and bigger losses, your ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi birdie what's your start weight and what have your losses been like Hun? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi

I started at 15 St 9.5 pound and now weigh 13st 9.5 pounds.
I lost 14 pounds in the first 2 weeks and then I lost 1lb then 4lbs then 3 lbs then 2 lbs then 3lbs and this week 1lb.
I know that is 1 stone each month but I lost 1 stone in 2 weeks it has taken 6 weeks to lose another.
It is disheartening as I am sticking to it 100%.

Birdie, I think you must be in ketosis. If you are 100% sticking to the plan then you are not having enough carbs not to be in ketosis. How do you know? Are you using the ketostix? Because of the amount of water I drink, I never look like I am in ketosis. It is never pink!

The only thing I can think of is to chose your products wisely. Some have more carbs than other. Eg having 2 bars and a spag Bol would be more carbs than 3 shakes. I have changed my product mix the last 2 weeks and my losses have been better. I also know that if my water intake falls I don't lose.

Your losses are are up and down but you are losing. You've lost 2 stone in 2 months. That's not half bad!!!

Nope your losses look normal to me. The first two weeks would have been water and glycogen so they are always large. So long as you are averaging a stone a month that is fantastic. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Back