Not losing

Anna17

Hello,

Feel I need a bit of help with Slimming World as I don't seem to be losing weight even though I am mostly sticking to the plan. I eat quite a lot of fruit and veg and have salads. Breakfast is porridge in the morning with yoghurt banana and two slices of bread at lunchtime with usually salads I do exercise also. Any help would be appreciated thank you

Without seeing what you eat it is very difficult. Do you go to class and have you handed in diet sheet. If not, when do you weigh yourself

Hi ND

I basically eat the same sort of stuff every day breakfast is priodge, natural yoghurt banana in for a break I have two rich tea then at lunch to slices of pride and various fillings then in the evening I usually have veg potatoes or pasta with meat or fish and banana and yoghurt for desert I don't go to class as I am trying to do this myself.

Food seems ok. I suppose it is possible you are not eating enough. You do need to have plenty of speed foods.

Do you count any syns or measure milk, have the correct bread,. If you have porridge for breakfast you have to syn bread. And any spreads.

You could write out what you eat and how much of each day on here. Not compulsory of course.

ie. B. L. D. Snacks. Xx:-

Hi ND, I find the hardest part is the eve. Yesterday I had a big salmon pasta salad had about 100g of pasta which I find a small amount but I am trying to get used to it. I was hungry later on had the usual banana and yogurt. I am eating two bananas each day. I don't take milk and I have a few Brazil nuts each day coconut oil in my porridge and 2 rich tea buscuits for break each day. Have 2 slices of bread (400g) which adds up to the 15 syns approx. Weekends are trying for me too I have such a big appetite! Thanks for your comments. 😀

Hi ND, I find the hardest part is the eve. Yesterday I had a big salmon pasta salad had about 100g of pasta which I find a small amount but I am trying to get used to it. I was hungry later on had the usual banana and yogurt. I am eating two bananas each day. I don't take milk and I have a few Brazil nuts each day coconut oil in my porridge and 2 rich tea buscuits for break each day. Have 2 slices of bread (400g) which adds up to the 15 syns approx. Weekends are trying for me too I have such a big appetite! Thanks for your comments. 😀
Hiya,
I am a big eater and don't like to be hungry. Have you thought of cutting out the bread and bananas for a week and see if this makes any difference?
I have friends that have done very well on SW and that advise me to try and avoid those 2 things if possible.
Good luck :)

I would miss bananas. I never buy more than 2 having maybe four in a week. If I bought four at the same time I eat them one after other.

Bread I don't buy as I cannot make myself just have two slices a day.
I sometimes buy a roll a white one and syn it.

If you want more pasta then have it. It is good you have salad with it. I don't like salad. They say rice and pasta you should have the amount on the pkt. It is not a lot so experiment.

Maybe some free snacks in the evening or maybe some different fruit. Xx

I have cut bread out of my diet completely (and I LOVE the stuff, especially fresh from the baker, but I love the thought of being slim more). I still have bananas, as much as one a day at times, but I never, well, I can't eat them when they're really ripe (more ripe = more sugar). Do you have enough super free foods with your main meals?

I have cut bread out of my diet completely (and I LOVE the stuff, especially fresh from the baker, but I love the thought of being slim more). I still have bananas, as much as one a day at times, but I never, well, I can't eat them when they're really ripe (more ripe = more sugar). Do you have enough super free foods with your main meals?

Hello NC, thanks for your reply. I do try and include super speed foods but I feel I need more free foods to get full. My appetite is s big I prob eat too much in the eve. What do you eatin the evening when you feel peckish normally? Thanks.

Usually have dinner around 6ish. I do have big dinners. In the evening it varies.

Could be toms and a boiled egg. Mullerlight or two.

Occasionally 1/2 can cider outside with a ciggy. If I just have to eat then I scramble 3 eggs, little water no milk, and grate in parmesan cheese around 5g for 1 syn. Then try and set it slowly.

I do buy a lot of baby plum tomatoes and just pick each time I go in the kitchen.

There must be other stuff but cannot think f it at present.

Hi Anna

I've noticed a few things...

Use of words like "mostly" following and 15 syns "approx".I would recommend keeping a food diary for a few days at least and writing down everything that passes your lips as you may be suprised at how many syns you are actually clocking up.

As above I'm wondering if you are having more syns than you realise?
Depending on what bread you are eating it could be anything from 6-9 syns. 2 rich tea biscuits is another 4, Brazil nuts need to be synned and 5 nuts is 6 syns. You also mentioned coconut oil which is 2 syns per teaspoon (although I wondered if it was a mistype for coconut milk which might be your HexA?)
Also which yoghurt are you eating and do they need to be synned?

Finally I would also keep an eye on your speed. Bananas are free but not speed. Why not fill your porridge with berries to get more speed in. Don't forget 1/3 of your plate should always be speed and speed should be your first choice of snacks.

You shouldn't be hungry on SW if you are doing it right. I'd try upping the veg with your dinner at night if you are hungry afterwards, but if you want more pasta have it (although be aware you will probably have to reduce this once you get lower in weight).

I graze all day and I've lost 20lbs since xmas 😆. I literally stuff my face all day, it's just with the right stuff (fruit, yoghurt, jacket spud for lunch, baby tomatoes, fish sticks, mug shots, ham, turkey chunks etc.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Hi Anna
I am the world's worst snacker, not one for big meals, but forever foraging for little snacks LOLOL. What I tend to do in the evening is cut up a lot of super free fruit and make up a nice bowl of worry free pick 'n mix of it. For the evenings when I feel more like savoury snacking, I usually got some SW dips in the fridge (like tzatziki or BBQ dip) and use that with either chicken, those little cherry or plum tomatoes or veggie sticks xx

Hi I also used to have porridge with blueberrys and a banana my friend made a good point and said porrige is a slow release food since she said that I have only had one bowl I have been on sw 2 weeks first I gained a pound be intersting to see today's result x

40g of porridge oats or two Weetabix count as a HexB. These kind of cereals are 'slow release' in the sense that they keep you fuller for longer. Your digestive system takes longer to break them down. There's a lot of goodness in oats. My choice of muesli (oats, nuts and sunflower seeds based) with fat free yogurt seems to work fine for me x

Ok hope u get to the bottom of why u haven't lost anything I know how frustrating it can be it looks like ur doing good on plan hope it starts to come off u x

I seriously think it could the bread (and all that goes on top and in between it) that may be hampering her losses. Hope Anna has been able to find her answers

Back