Not Lost Weight on Cruise

samjay123

Silver Member
Hello all.

Im a little concerned as I haven't lost any weight whatsoever since Day 4 of attack. (I did 5days) Im now on Day 5 of cruise (so my 10th day inc attack) and I'm still the same as I was last week. Is this normal when veg is introduced? What was it like for you? Any feedback would really be appreciated x

im still on attack hun but will be adding veg tomorrow, i would too like to know if its a normal thing, so know whats going to happen. must be quite deflating but stick at it and im sure it will come off soon. body maybe getting into the swing of things and next week may be a big loss. good luck xxx

are you doing pp/pv or a different cruise rhythm? Are you weighing yourself at the same time each day? And also, please could you enter your statistics?

Also, how much dairy are you eating and crabsticks? They can stall you. Also are you drinking enough water? Sometimes not eating enough full stop can stall you as your body goes into starvation mode - eat your meals plus one or two protein snacks during the day to keep your metabolism up.

If you don't have a huge amount of weight to lose, things can be a bit slower or maybe introduce exercise (if you don't already - Dr D recommends 30 mins walking a day) to boost your metabolism.

Just a few ideas of what might be slowing things down for you :) Don't give up though!

Cheryl x

Hi Samjay,
I've dug this out of my old diary and hopefully it will be of help to you. You will see that I lost 11 (yes 11!) lbs on Attack and then gained/dramatically slowed. In fact I gained 3lbs back after Attack and kept it on for at least a week.

What's not on here is that it picked up again, and then slowed, and then picked up. I think its just natural and whilst its hard not to be discouraged (you should have seen some of my frustrated posts!!) if you stick with it, you will definitely be rewarded with further loss. Sometimes I'd shift 3-4lbs in just one day. Just stick with it!! Good luck.

18/Apr - 202 Starting weight (but was bloated from a Chinese and also had Sushi all day before... loads of salt!)
19/Apr - 198.7 -4.3lbs
20/Apr - 195.7 -3.0lbs
21/Apr - 193.9 -1.8lbs
22/Apr - 191.2 - 2.7lbs (last day of Attack - lose 11.8lbs total!)
23/Apr - 190.8 -0.4lbs
24/Apr - 191.4 +0.8lbs ... stayed until
27/Apr - 193.3!! +1.9lbs Up again, but TOM.... stayed until
30/Apr - 190.1 -0.7 (from lowest prev)
1/May - 188 (whoopee!). - 2.1 Stayed around same +/- lb all week and then today...
6/May - 187.6 -0.4

Some slow down - or even slight temporary gain - normally happens with the switch to cruise. We probably need more information to be able to help you more specifically:

a.) your stats and goal - people with a high BMI lose at a different rate to those with low BMI

b.) Your menus - can you post what you are eating each day, the answer my lie there.

Other factors to bear in mind - TOTM can mask weight loss for up to 10 days at time, so maybe you have started cruise at the wrong point in a cycle - in which case it will average out in a few days.

Stick with it. I started cruise on sunday. Monday I had put on 1/2lb. Tues lost 3/4lb and same this morning. Plus its totm.

Ive been making sure that 2/3 of my plate is protein and 1/3 veg. Not sure how much veg your having.

Good Luck :)

Starting weight - 10st12.8
Weight lost by 6th Jan - 10st6.2 = 6.6lb
True weight - 9st1
Height - 5ft 3
(Have lost 1stone in 2011 previous to dukan)

PP -
B: Oat bran porridge with sweetener.
L: Chicken Cooked with spices or tuna. Ketchup (make my own with tomato puree + spices etc)
D: Omlette or chicken and creamy curry sauce(made with 0%yoghurt)
S: 0% yoghurt with sweetener and some sugar free jelly

PV -
B: Oat bran porridge with sweetener.
L: Chicken salad or chicken curry
D: Bolognese with fresh broccoli (made with quorn mince)
S: 0% yoghurt with sweetener and some sugar free jelly.
Cucumber sticks.

I drink on average 3.5L of fluids a day, mostly water, green tea, diet coke, coffee (black) and sometimes have a skinny latte. (always have previous to dukan)

I almost always walk for 20mins through the day and I do a class or go to the gym 3-5 times a week. Will increase this to 6days a week if weight loss continues to maintain.

I do eat salt but nothing in comparison to how much I ate before. It's also not TOTM.

Thanks all for your great replies. Ill keep going. Seems similar for you all. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Judging by your sample menu the only things that I can suggest (and you may get some better advice from the veterans!) is...

1. Stop eating pickled onions on pp days.
2. Stop eating ketchup on pp days.
3. Look at you protein:veg ratio on pv days - are you filling up on veg and not getting enough protein? Protein should still make up the majority of your meal.
4. Maybe reduce your yoghurts and see how that affects your weight loss.
5. Cut out all salt for the time being.

Other than that, you really do seem to be doing all the right things, so just stick with it and you might notice a trend over the weeks - but hopefully things will continue going in the right direction :)

Cheryl x

Just to add - you are starting at a relatively low BMI compared to others, and so will lose a little more slowly than some users. Don't be discouraged if this is the case!

Thanks everyone. Took your advice Cheryl and have lost 1.8lb this morning. Very happy. From now on its no ketchup, pickles and salt :) xxx

Isn't it funny the little things that you would never believe would stall you! Great news & congrats :) x

Back