1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Not much to lose....

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Cazzie26, 5 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Cazzie26

Cazzie26 Full Member

Hi All

I am not overweight (BMI about 22.5) but quit smoking recently and have gained nearly a stone very quickly! Obviously I want to lose this weight again (cannot get into a lot of my clothes at the mo which is difficult!). SW seems like a very sensible plan but would it be suitable for someone like me to lose a bit of excess or is it really only suitable if you have a significant amount to lose? Is there anyone out there who has successfully used SW when they only had a small amount to lose? Or should I just buy bigger jeans?!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. debtin

debtin Gold Member

hi there, i too had stone (maybe less) to lose when i joined...as long as you have 7lb or more to lose you can join sw. I lost 6lb over a period of weeks but have fallen off the wagon so to speak and am currently finding it hard to stick to it but havent put any more weight on so i would say its a great plan to use in every day life. I have learned how to pick better choices and now eat more fruit and veg without even thinking about it now. To be honest its a lifestyle change as opposed to a diet as such. I was trying to lose baby weight but i also smoked prior to having my baby and still think smoking has a lot to do with it....good luck
  4. Cazzie26

Cazzie26 Full Member

Thanks - the smoking definitely made a huge difference to me! I certainly don't regret quitting but it was a shock to gain so much weight. Think I am going to stick to the red plan mostly - I think the lower carb route will probably suit me better - just need to be very disciplined and stick to it!
  5. Funky_Munky

Funky_Munky Put the kettle on

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Hi hun, i started with 1.5 stone to lose. It does work with less to lose. What i have found is that i need to stick to it 100% (cant get away with days/nights off plan). Do also be realistic about syns and portions. I tend to average out at 10 syns a day. Some will say the extra 5 a day make no difference tho?! I also make sure i dont eat when im not hungry, dont fall into the habit of eating beyond feeling full for the sake of it just cos you can cos its free. I would recommend this to anyone tho, not just those with less to lose.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.