Not sure how to interpret days 4-7 of refeed

MrC

The following is the recommendation for days 4-7 of the Lipotrim refeed schedule:

Days 4-7
each day have a Lipotrim serving for your breakfast plus..............

• Up to 3 servings of fruit (if you suffer from an insulin resistance problem, then eat these late in the day and do not snack on them during the day).
  • Up to 2 slices of bread or 1 pita or 1 roll or 1 bagel (without fatty spread).
  • Any vegetables you want except avocado, 1 or 2 servings with your meals (2 tablespoons per serving).
  • Any of the skimmed milk products.
  • Fish fillet (any size) or 6 ounces of chicken or turkey, as described before, or one tin of tuna in water or brine, drained. Vegetarians may use tofu, textured vegetable protein (TVP) or quorn.
  • Lean meat with all visible fat trimmed off.
  • Low fat recipes prepared with low fat sources - e.g. lean mince with tomato bolognese sauce.
  • Medium baking potato or 6 small potatoes or one serving of instant mashed potatoes (the kind with no added fat - read the label). Instead of potato, you may have 4ozs of rice or pasta (cooked weight).

I'm a little confused. I am supposed to have one LT maintenance product plus two meals on those days. Does that mean I can have 4oz of pasta for 'meal A' AS WELL AS a medium potato for 'meal B' or does it mean I can have EITHER the pasta or potato at ONE of the meals only?

I will have to ring LT if I don't get a reply here. I'm not deperate to know just at the moment as I am doubling up days so I have six days to work it out, but I am trying to plan my refeed schedule now so it would be useful to know.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you read on a little they've got sample suggestion menus which show you can eat bloody loads!
What I did was gradually introduce extras so I didn't eat all of the allowance on day 4-6.

Infact I don't think I'm eating as much as it suggests now - although i've had choc and some fried stuff.

Btw YES you can have pasta at meal A and a potato at meal B - IF you can manage it. Don't do it just cos you can though!

Thanks, and.

OMG that does seem like a lot of food (although nothing to what I was eating before!). I'm going to finish my fortnight refeed plan now and then see how I get on. I'll start myself a new refeed thread for it.

Back