Not sure if I'm doing this right ?

GEEGEE83

Hi everyone,

Giving low carbing a go, I did Atkins a few years ago, so I'm sort of guestimating it all :confused:

Yesterday:
Breakfast: Ham / Salami / Cheese / Half an apple
Lunch: 3 egg Omlette / Bell Pepper / Onion / Mushrooms/ Lettuce leaves / 4 Olives in chilli oil
Dinner: Sundried tomato butter Chicken breast / Pork chop fried in butter / Broccoli / Cauliflower / Half apple
Dessert: Jelly pot / Double Cream *not sure if jelly was sugar free*

Snack: Mini sausages

Today:
Breakfast: Ham / Salami / Cheese / Mini Sausages
Lunch: 3 egg Omlette / Pepper / Onion / Mushrooms / Lettuce / Cucumber / Olives
Dinner: Pork chops / Mozzarella / Salad

I know I'm probably eating too much salad, but is this way off the mark with my eating?

I'm trying to avoid the hypoglycemia I normally get and struggle with, but not sure if I'm going to lose weight as I havn't felt awful yet :rolleyes:

Any hints and tips?

Thanks,

GEM

Hi and welcome:)

Take a look at the sticky "so your thinking of starting atkins" to get back all the basics. You'll need to stop eating apples i'm afraid - too sugary and will stop you getting nto ketosis

Good luck!

Yes, the apples are the only real problem there - peppers and onion can be carby so you need to count them carefully but are ok in moderation. I do recommend you read and follow one of the books - if you want your carbs to be a little higher than the initial induction levels you could start a little way into OWL - adding nuts and certain berries (again carefully counted and in moderation) to your meals.

Jelly also definitely needs to be sugar free! And check the carbs on your sausages, some are full of breadcrumbs.

Back