Not sure the group I attend is for me

Mamacandoit

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts...

I've been attending the same group since I started 9 weeks' ago and I'm really getting annoyed as there's a lot of swearing and sexual innuendoes - mainly from the consultant herself.
i wouldn't mind if it was from time to time but I'm talking several times during every meeting. One time she joked about two members (who aren't together) groping each other (they weren't) :eek:

i know she's trying to sound fun but it's almost like being with teenagers trying to sound grown up.

I'm wondering about trying a different group.

are other groups similar?

Last edited:
I am leaving a group because the consultant is irritatingly flippent she gets on my nerves I am there to loose weight not to listen to stupid remarks and as I am no longer loosing weight it is not beneficial to me. My friend and I think a differnt group with a different consultant means a a different approach so we will see if this works

It's taken me many sw groups to find a decent consultant. some have been massively overweight, and said about the treats they'd had and why they'd STS which I find odd and doesn't sell the plan well! Also one that offered no help or guidance and I found i was literally paying to be weighed and no support, so left there. Another one that was very cliquey and would spend a lot of time talking to the clique about their losses and how they did it, and skimmed past everyone else.

The one I have now is a gem, really supportive and offers great advice and help, I really feel like I could ask her anything which is great.

Keep going until you find a decent one - it's worth it!

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts...

I've been attending the same group since I started 9 weeks' ago and I'm really getting annoyed as there's a lot of swearing and sexual innuendoes - mainly from the consultant herself.
i wouldn't mind if it was from time to time but I'm talking several times during every meeting. One time she joked about two members (who aren't together) groping each other (they weren't) :eek:

i know she's trying to sound fun but it's almost like being with teenagers trying to sound grown up.

I'm wondering about trying a different group.

are other groups similar?

I have never come across a group like this and I doubt if it is the image that SW would like their consultants to portray!

You should definitely find another group if you can, but personally I would also let this consultant know exactly why you are leaving. If people don't make their views clear on this sort of thing, the consultant will go on thinking that it is acceptable.

I would also suggest that you contact SW head Office and complain. Swearing and sexual innuendoes are absolutely not part of the image that SW are trying to promote.

Lardy Lady (I do feel we ought to have a new name for you given your fantastic losses!!) is quite right.

Consultants shouldn't be behaving like this. I am all for a laugh and a joke, but consultants are trained and should know were the line is between fun and giving offence.

I would definitely try another group mamacandoit. U deserve to feel part of the group and her behaviour is just not acceptable.
I plucked up the courage to go to a meeting at the start of January and the guy was soo rude to me because his scales couldn't weigh me. He said well I'm sorry but my usual members don't weigh as much so I don't need to bring the extra scales normally. I was mortified. I mumbled about coming back next week and ran out. I have since been weighed by my doctor and doin sw from home instead. I only wish I could go try another meeting, but think that has knocked me for a while.

I would definitely try another group mamacandoit. U deserve to feel part of the group and her behaviour is just not acceptable.
I plucked up the courage to go to a meeting at the start of January and the guy was soo rude to me because his scales couldn't weigh me. He said well I'm sorry but my usual members don't weigh as much so I don't need to bring the extra scales normally. I was mortified. I mumbled about coming back next week and ran out. I have since been weighed by my doctor and doin sw from home instead. I only wish I could go try another meeting, but think that has knocked me for a while.

That is absolutely shocking! My starting weight was 25st and I've been to many groups at around this size, and no ones ever commented that the scales couldn't weigh me! He has absolutely put you off (would have put me off too!) and that is terrible. Talk about doing the opposite of his job! Wouldn't you think he would know to be sympathetic!? I hope you sent an email of complaint to head office - that is awful. I'm sorry you had to go through that x

Purplestar87, what you went through is awful!
please do let SW head office know what happened...or I'll do it for you if you want!
That was horrendous and really shouldn't happen.

as for me...I've had a look and there's another group I could try which meets a day later than my usual weigh in.

im still undecided but thinking about it I've got quite a few peeves with my current group:

- constant swearing and inuendoes
- consultant's kid chats to me non-stop during meetings about everything under the sun. Annoying!
- I hate the echoey, rundown venue.

If I can convince myself to be patient enough to delay my weigh in by a day, I'll try the other group this week.

To be honest I didn't even think about complaining at the time I was just more upset and embarrassed. But I think I will send an email later , don't want him putting anyone else off.

Just think an extra day to lose a wee bit more. Let us know how u get on at your new group xxx

Purplestar: The consultant was completely insensitive and unkind to say what he did. Do send an e mail as then you will hopefully get personal redress and the consultant will be told never to respond to a member in this inappropriate manor again, and you will have a hand in sparing anothers feelings. Hope you find a good group to go to.:)

Mama: Hold the weigh in for another day and try another group, its very unlikely you will warm to this one and you deserve to be in a supportive environment.:)

Purplestar87, pls do send the email, YOU are worth it. We're so blessed to live in a time and place were we can speak up against unfairness and have real possibility of changing things.
also, do it bc you deserve an apology at the very least. You are worth it.

I've been doing SP for the past 4 days and normally I love it (an extra HEb, yay!) but I'm wanting some rice/spuds now! I was planning to do the whole week as SP to maximise my chances of getting my next award this week but today my resolve is weakening

Thanks everyone. The thing is if it was anything else I'm great at complaining lol once got a refund from virgin trains for returns for 15 of us! So right now I'm going to type up an email and ill let u know their response.

Cmon mamacandoit, don't give up, that next award is within reach :) x

Thank you Purplestar87, I made today an EE day so I was sure I'd stay on plan instead of feeling deprived - it worked!

I'm going to try a group that should be nicer - "unfortunately" it meets on mondays ie, tonight, so that's shortened my week by 2 days so I doubt I'll get my award but I figured as I'm doing this for the long term it's better to be grown-up about things and delay my award by a week for the sake of a better group.

Purplestar87, I'd really love to cheer you on on your journey. Especially after the rough start you had, you deserve a cheering squad. :party0011::wee:I've sent you a friend request, I hope that's ok.

Yay, staying on plan is a win so well done. Of course that's okay, ur my first friend so woo!!

Let us know how the new meeting is, although no doubt it will be better than the previous ones. I've sent a lovely email to sw so I may have a look to see what meetings r in my area and try another one this week, onwards and (weight) downwards lol x

Well, the meeting was much more my style, very very fun!

tbh though, I'm a bit gutted. I've just done 5 days of SP...and I only list 0.5lb. :grumble:

Came me home only to find a project I'd put a lot of work in just went flop.

and then I found some leftover chocolate...and well, there is now no more leftover chocolate. I'd already had my allowance of syns for today too.

:-(

I'm soo glad to meeting was much more fun for you , I'm sure that will be a big help to keep u going.

It might take to next wi to show the effect of the sp days, but at least it was a loss and not a gain :)

That must be infuriating to work so hard on something only for it to fail but so long as u did all u can then it's not your fault.

I have no idea what 'leftover chocolate' is? Lol chocolate is never leftover in my house! Just draw a line under yday and start back on it today luv :) x

Back