Not sure what to do to motivate myself better..

Befanwi

Gold Member
Was on slimming world for about a year but only managed to lose a stone (but only really had a stone and a half to lose as I was 5'6" and weighed 11.10, wearing a size 12/14) then I fell off the wagon in a big way, decided it wasn't working and then calorie counted - had some big losses but gained everything back again and it seems to feel more and more restrictive.. Missing being able to eat pasta and rice without worrying about it wiping out my days calories.. But I like the flexibility, the fact I can save for junk, earn calories back and save calories to drink.. I really don't know whether to stick calorie counting, or whether to try and get back on the SW wagon..

I feel like I'm kidding myself about the flexibility of calorie counting because I'm only doing it 4/5 times a week.. But the idea of no white bread etc. (I save my syns for alcohol/ meals out as we go out every weekend (I'm 21) is really a struggle - but I think with CC I get so hung up on numbers that I want things I can't have all the time..

Argh! Sorry for the rant, just trying to organise my thoughts because it's getting to the point where I need to get back on it today because every minute of the day I'm thinking about how miserable I am in my body and then I feel like 'sod it' and eat and then feel worse.. And it's really getting me down :( x

It's terrible that we put ourselves through this cycle.
Maybe try focusing on the positives and healthier changes than calorie counting?
A stone is still a really impressive amount! Did you think when you started it you'd lose that much weight?

It's just because it took a year to lose it and everyone around me was losing a pound a week, I was losing a pound a month..

I just dunno what to do.. X

That's what I'm worried too. So far this "diet" seems to good to be true!
Maybe you have less to lose than other people? Sometimes that can mean you aren't losing as much as others?
Try a new look or change your hair or makeup or arrange a Girly night in with friends, I did that last Friday we made slimming world pizza and played kinect it was amazing how much fun we had and all without alcohol. Try to be positive and don't become bored.

Jumpinjacflash said:
That's what I'm worried too. So far this "diet" seems to good to be true!
Maybe you have less to lose than other people? Sometimes that can mean you aren't losing as much as others?
Try a new look or change your hair or makeup or arrange a Girly night in with friends, I did that last Friday we made slimming world pizza and played kinect it was amazing how much fun we had and all without alcohol. Try to be positive and don't become bored.

Just not sure whether to start afresh today with SW or carrying on tooing and froing with CC.. But I've not eaten anything yet because I haven't made the decision.. So I better decide soon..

I'm totally in the same boat and can't decide between CC or SW. There are pros and cons for both. I know that the longer I mess around trying to make my mind up I'm not doing either and just getting fatter.

I would say that saving cals for junk and booze is perhaps not the healthiest ways to lose weight and doesn't actually teach us anything about being healthy. (I'm just as guilty in this which is why cc is so appealing to me! )

We need to make a choice and stick with it. Give yourself a deadline to decide eg by Friday 8am you need to make a decision which way to go. This is what I am going to do. Good luck in what ever you decide x

Having doing both, I find slimming world diet to be the healthiest option, you may not lose the weight fast but at least when you do lose it it should stay off longer, its something you can do for a long period of time when for me counting calories isn't

You should give sw a bash and introduce excercise if you haven't already?

firfenwen said:
I'm totally in the same boat and can't decide between CC or SW. There are pros and cons for both. I know that the longer I mess around trying to make my mind up I'm not doing either and just getting fatter.

I would say that saving cals for junk and booze is perhaps not the healthiest ways to lose weight and doesn't actually teach us anything about being healthy. (I'm just as guilty in this which is why cc is so appealing to me! )

We need to make a choice and stick with it. Give yourself a deadline to decide eg by Friday 8am you need to make a decision which way to go. This is what I am going to do. Good luck in what ever you decide x

I decided yesterday to start doing SW again, now on day 2. I've started writing in my diary on here again if you want to stick together..?

Hope you come to a decision soon, I feel loads better just to be in control again.. Especially because there's no reason for me not to eat (like knowing I'm going to the pub, so I'll save cals by not having breakfast - fun, flexible, no good for me or my weight loss) - I know that that's my fault, not CCs but I'm trying to control myself with SW.. X

Thanks for your replies everyone :) I'm back to SW, back writing in my food diary and feeling very motivated (but I am only on day 2) going to weigh in at home on Friday mornings.. X

I found that CC was a bit like WW for me where I stopped eating healthily but ended up using cals/points for snacks rather than healthier food. Think SW may be slower but def makes you cook from scratch and eat more fruit and veg. I feel better for it. Glad you've made your decision and hope it works for you.

peacelily said:
I found that CC was a bit like WW for me where I stopped eating healthily but ended up using cals/points for snacks rather than healthier food. Think SW may be slower but def makes you cook from scratch and eat more fruit and veg. I feel better for it. Glad you've made your decision and hope it works for you.

That's definitely what happened with me.. Skipping meals, not 'wasting' cals on a banana.. Not exactly healthy behaviour. X

This sounds like me but CC and WW led to me binging because of them being so restrictive and getting hungry and then some days i'd think well i'll have 500 cals today instead to make up for it. But SW is so refreshing no felling hungry and it is so much better for our bodies!!!

sunnyrae said:
This sounds like me but CC and WW led to me binging because of them being so restrictive and getting hungry and then some days i'd think well i'll have 500 cals today instead to make up for it. But SW is so refreshing no felling hungry and it is so much better for our bodies!!!

Yeah it is.. I shouldn't be drinking 70 syns worth of alcohol.. (28 single vodkas (although I mostly drink wine)) a week.. So this is much better for me I think.. X

Back