Step 1 Sole Source + Not wanting to see counsellor...

Hi Ladies,

Joined this thread about 2 months ago and lost count of the number of times I have stopped and restarted this diet. I know it's amazing and works I just can't seem to stick to it for more than about 2 weeks without thinking I deserve a small treat, which leads do a day off and then back to square 1...

Because of this my weight is yoyo-ing up and down like mad, overall lost about 1 stone 4lb. Got a meeting with my counsellor and I've not been on the diet for about a week. Wanting to get back on as feeling seriously unhappy but not wanting to see them as feel they are going to be fed up of my constant ups and down.

Has anyone found this? Wondering if it is worth me changing counsellors or just ignore my worries, get packs and go?

Sorry to bore any help would be amazing you're all doing so great x

I know exactly how you feel - I spent most of the last year not seeing mine and convincing myself to lose the weight I had our on before I went back to her - but ended up getting bigger and bigger and putting on just about everything I had lost 2 years ago (yes I put on 8 stone). In the end I went back feeling very ashamed - and she was lovely - but firm with me and said that if I couldn't stick to it we would have to discuss stopping it until i was ready as it costs a lot of money . She was so right. She gave me a deadline of a month and if I wasn't ont rack then she wouldn't sell me any more packs - harsh but so fair - i'm sure that is what helped me refocus. As you said it is a great diet, but only if you can stick to it!

Will changing councellor help? is yours not helping? Will another help anymore? - Is the problem with the councellor not supporting you (reasonably) or is they problem with you ?(don't mean to sound harsh - my problem was ME not the counsellor) If its you then you won't get different results with a different one - KWIM?

I hope you can get going again - its worth it. Maybe focus on a non-food treat? I'm looking for a pedicure when i get to 2 stone off.......

If you don't like your counsellor, then change. I started seeing a counsellor - she was very nice, very sweet etc etc. But I didn't feel comfortable emailing/texting her between weigh ins if I was struggling. So I swapped counsellors, and it's made such a difference!! She's really helped me stick with it. I even emailed her one evening with just a line saying "pep talk please!!" and she emailed back within 10 minutes with words of wisdom.

But YOU have also got to be in the right frame of mind for it. This is my third attempt at the diet, and for some reason this time it just clicked. I have to do this if I want to lose weight. I can't deal with calorie/point/syn counting. I lose track. With this you just eat what you're given. So it's perfect for lazy people like me.

Hope it all goes well for you! x

Back