Not wasting food

gobolino

Gold Member
I've just made 4 courgette tarts as we have lots of courgettes at the moment and also some pastry left from the last time I made these...... unfortunately they came out pretty high in syns (13syns each+HA). Thats fine if you have the HA and 13syns to spare but today I dont !!!

I've made these today so I'm not being wasteful, plus my hubby really enjoyed them. So they are going to wait for him to come home, all 4 of them !

I watched a programme this week called the great british food waste menu and it was about raising awareness about the amount of foods we through away. Problem is alot of the time the way to use up excess food rather than waste it, turns out being highly synned!

Rant over, I just wanted to pledge not to eat any of the courgette tarts I've made :D

Oh I've never tried freezing them, I've always thought that they had too much water in them and would turn mushy when you defrost.... then again I guess it depends what you are going to cook with them when you defrost them :)

I saw it on Gardners world last night (yes I lead a highly exciting Friday night night-life) and you should be able to catch it on i player

Cool - will do that, :thankyou:

Back