Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels :-)))

sienna89

Well day two here of my Atkins journey, feel much better this morning :) had quite a bad head ache last night must have been due to lack of carbs I'm guessing??

So, today I plan to do some exercises, if I'm feeling okay will start the 30 day shred. I only want to weigh myself each week, don't want to become obsessed with the scales he he!

Nearly gave up last night but I'm so glad I didn't now and even more determined to carry on.. Some great diaries on here, very inspiring indeed ;-)

Need to up my carbs a little I think though as I only had around 10 to 13 grams yesterday even though I ate two cups of the allowed veg and lots of mayo... Any ideas how to use up carbs would be great!!!

X

Although unpleasant, headaches are a good sign that you're flushing out those carbs and headed towards ketosis - hope you feel better today.

And weighing just once a week is the best way to do it, the scales can jump around during the week.

I know you say you're not keen on veg, but try a little wilted spinach with some bacon and butter mmmm; or sauteed cabbage with a little mustard.

Yup, headaches and 'Atkins flu' mean you're doing it right - they shouldn't last long, but drinking a mug of full-sodium bouillion can help ease the symptoms.

Thanks guys :))

Day Two almost over! Not been anywhere near as hungry as I was yesterday today. Feel like I had to force myself to eat at points. Hopefully this is a sign of ketosis? Maybe...

Well day two over phewww!! Bed soon, it's this time I get real hungry, crave sweets mainly :-( don't have much food in now until I go shopping tomorrow. sick of reading so many bad reviews though about how people have put on weight during induction etc. Really does make people like me feel like rubbish and worry!!! Lol, anyway rant over, think i ate too much cheese today but still under 20g carbs. Hope it won't affect the weight loss...

Looking forward to shopping tomorrow for Atkins goodies, even if the snow is up to my ankles and I have a pram!! Can't wait :D

Roll on day three, I can and will do this!!!

Honestly, if someone gains weight during induction they're either not doing it properly (eating the wrong things, misunderstanding how to add up carbs...) or they're somehow managing to eat a huge amount of calories - which isn't actually easy to do on this diet. Fat has more calories than carbs but it's richer so you don't eat it in comparable amounts.

I've been on this forum and another large lc forum for a year, and many in the years before that, and I don't remember anyone gaining in induction unless they were coming straight off a VLCD or didn't seem to be following the correct plan. And even then, very very rarely.

The people who I have most often seen complaining about gains have turned out to be having little 'cheats' or testing their carb limits too far.

I lost nearly 4 stone in 7 months last year, all on Atkins. It may not be a diet that suits everybody, but it works.

I totally agree moonlights!! Wow 4 stone in 7 months is phenomenal! Are your stats correct, u only have 1 stone to go?? That's brilliant :)

Well day 3 starting now :) hungry this morning and need to wait to go shopping for my breakfast, maybe go for some fried eggs in a cafe somewhere!

:)

My stats are almost correct, still shaking off a bit of Xmas gain ;) (I came off the diet for 3 weeks over the hols) - my original goal was just to get under BMI 30, and when I started I never imagined I'd manage that. So I was delighted when I did and shifted my goal to bmi 25ish

Back