Nothing worth having comes easy- healthy all the way!

luc_be

So the new year is upon us and every year my resolution is to diet and lose weight. However this year is different, this year my resolution is to get fit and healthy (no diet!)

So this year I aim to eat healthy, not try fad diets that worked in the short term in the past, not diets that cut out the things I love to eat and I then I consequently end up gorging on, but a healthy diet that allows me to have the things I want in moderation. I know i am an emotional eater so changing my habits will be a challenge.

This year I also want to get fit, to get me going to the gym and keep me motivated I am signing up to do a 26 mile bike ride in June. I currently do not go to the gym regularly but I am starting tomorrow and aiming to go 3 times a week (wish me luck)

I'm sick of being the size I am, I am sick of comparing myself to the size of other girls. It's time for me to stop making excuses and just do it!

I aim to lose 3.5 stone, as I'm aiming to change to a more healthier lifestyle I'm hoping for a steady 1lb loss a week.

I'm hoping reporting on how I get on every day will keep me going :)

Lucy x

Today started off really well

Breakfast: 40g shreddies
Lunch: salad with quorn chicken and reduced fat cheese
Dinner: sausage and mash (small amount) and veg

Was going very well until I just are a fun size bag of maltesers (86 cals)

Did go to the gym for an hour earlier so I hope I haven't undone my hard work.

x

Hey Lucy, your food looks good for today and not at all ruined by only 86 cals of maltesers, just think, it could have been a box of them! Well done for going to the gym - I think the bike ride you are going to do is brilliant motivation to maintain or improve your fitness levels.

Lesley
x

Allo allo :D

You definitely haven't ruined your day with a mini bag chick, try not to stress over it x

Thanks for subscribing guys :)

Anyone see the programme on channel 5 about diets/exercise? Wish I hadn't watched it! xx

Thanks for subscribing guys :)

Anyone see the programme on channel 5 about diets/exercise? Wish I hadn't watched it! xx

I recorded it to watch tomorrow, should I not? Xx

It's quite terrifying. I eat a lot of rocket and I always buy it in a bag as it doesn't come whole but it's washed and preserved with chlorine :(
Some of it was common sense. I won't be having any low fat ready meals anymore though! Eeekkkk x

Ooh I'm intrigued! I stopped eating a lot of things by watching shows like that. Hubby won't let me tell him what's in kebabs as he likes them lol
But I don't eat chicken nuggets and things like that anymore.
To be fair seeing as most of slimming world is real food it can't really put you off.
I don't really get the whole "tweaks" thing or even really the scan bran tbh, I know loads do and love it and that's great for them, but I would rather syn a small slice of proper cake than eat a whole low syn cake that tastes disgusting.
Each to their own though, it's what makes the world go round :D xx

Hey Hun, found you :) xxx

-------------------------------------
Back to it good and proper now!

Starting weight 13st 7...

Wk 1 -

Thank you for subscribing :)

It was all this stuff about low fat spreads (which I have) that I was shocked about. Do still watch it, it's an eye opener x

This programme sounds intriguing...wonder if it's on catch up? X

Wk 1 -

This programme sounds intriguing...wonder if it's on catch up? X

Wk 1 -
It's not showing up on catch up yet, maybe YouTube possibly?
im watching it now and :eek: :( x

Hey there. Just popping by to subscribe. X

i saw that programme advertised last night, was going to watch it on demand later...not sure I will now tho lol xx

Hiya Lucy, here to subscribe. I'm doing the same as you, ditching the diets and eating healthy, what I want in moderation and exercising more. I'm also working on all my emotional and self esteem issues.

I didn't see that program, but I'm thinking more and more about ditching low fat processed tat and eating real food in smaller amounts.

Hello everyone,
If you can watch the programme i would suggest you do- a real eye opener.
Sorry I have been AWOL.
Had a bad day yesterday, I have a 5,000 word essay to complete (I am training to be a primary school teacher) and my sister went into labour, whilst she was with me (I have no children so my initial reaction= panic!). Due to my day taking an unexpected turn, and I was stressed about my essay and my sister being in pain- i do what i always do= eat :(
My sister is currently at the hospital still in labour and I am currently trying to write this bloomin essay.

Today has been much better though,
40g shreddies for breakfast
2 slices of ww bread and low fat cheese on toast for lunch (no flora!) and a packet of pom bears

and for tea I am going round to my friends who is on ww so I know it will be healthy.

Unfortunately no exercise yesterday or today but hopefully will play squash tomorrow :)

How is everyone else getting on??xx

Its shocking isnt it??x

It was a bit, I was eating a roll with spread at the time they said about the wallpaper paste and chicken feathers in bread and I spat it out so glad I was alone lol.
Also thinking some proper butter may be in order and just a little bit at that.

Good luck to your sister and for your essay x

Oh yeah, I've seen things before about bulking agents in some processed foods being the same as what they put in wall paper paste.

My dad worked for a butchers as a delivery driver when he was young and he always told me stories of how the stuff would fall out the back of the van and roll down the street. They'd just pick it up, throw it back in and sell it as normal.

Came across this article today

http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive/2012/04/start/whats-inside-flora-pro

This one is based on flora but similar of most of them to be fair.

And the flip side, this is the ingredients in butter

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1389017572.045313.jpg

I think butter may be a slight winner here somehow!

Back