Nothings moving.. If u catch my drift!

kay80

Hey all,

Needs some advice asap! Ive been 100% TS for six days nw & i havent opened my bowels.
It wasnt this bad last time :(
Ive taken senna & drank warm water which usually helps but no luck.
Any recommendations or ideas asap would help.
THANK U
Ps. Sorry about the TMI x

sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hi ,I use dulcolax pico perles , they come in a little bottle and I find them in tesco , they are really gentle but effective . I also find movicol works a treat ( available over the counter ) and I take 2 every other day and it stops me getting bunged up . I am sure you will get sorted soon x

I have been taking husks 3 times a day since monday and nothings happened to me either, and I'm worried!

I've also taken Dulcolax pico perles and find them gentle on my tummy. I got mine from amazon.
Apparently the regular dulcolax is rather....explosive, so stay away from that one!!

Explosive lmao!
Ive taken dulcolax another time it gave me severe stomach cramps! I thought i was havin contractions again!
I might try c if i can gt sme movical. I thought they were prescription only... But over the counter would b g8.
Feeling bunged up & WI is on fri x

when you take these meds try to up your water/fluids more, most of them get more fluid out that way and so can cause you to be a bit dehydrated so remember to add some extra water! low water intake can cause this kinda problem so can be a bit of a circle!

podgyman said:
when you take these meds try to up your water/fluids more, most of them get more fluid out that way and so can cause you to be a bit dehydrated so remember to add some extra water! low water intake can cause this kinda problem so can be a bit of a circle!

Atm im having 4 litres of water which includes 1 litre of sparkling water. Should i increase it mre? Is that safe?

Atm im having 4 litres of water which includes 1 litre of sparkling water. Should i increase it mre? Is that safe?

4 litres is fine, listen to your body tho, everyone is different. You shouldn't ever feel thirsty and i know its a bit silly but be guided by the colour of your wee!! it should always be straw coloured at its darkest. the body can handle some insane amount of fluid in - easily more than double your intake, but that would be pointless and unnecessary, i think 4 litres would be a good intake if it is working for you, obviously it depends on your working environment and also if you exercise, listen to your body.
Really the advice isn't applicable to you with a good 4 litre intake, i just know some people struggle with their 2-3 litres and then when they take laxatives they are going to be losing some.

Hope things get a'moving for you soon:)

the normal dulcolax gives me cramps but the pico perles are amazing and work really quickly , although movicol is great too , physillium husks are great but not until you have cleared the 'blockage ' toherwsie they will make it worse , louiser you really need to take a proper laxative to clear it then start on the husks .. trust me I am a nurse ....

Awww thank you!

I only started on monday and have been taking the husks with every shake I have.

Without being crude, everything worked itself out this afternoon and I'm fine! :eek:

Ehhhhhh....I know this problem sooooo well...Mine got to the stage it was so painful I was dreading going. I thought I'd end up sat on a rubber ring!! :ashamed0005:

I got some senokot, I thought they'd be mild enough to move me but not extreme enough to run right through me *sorry!!* I took 2 with a hot cuppa and they worked wonders the next day! :) ....I hope you get sorted soon, it seems a lot of us have had this prob!

Thanks every1 for all the advice. Hope everything starts moving sn. :)

Back