Nous Mangeons!

LucyG

Hey I'm Lucy and just starting up my diary ready for tomorrow. It shall be my first dd tomorrow and I'm excited and nervous! I'm travelling back to Paris after spending the summer working in the south of France. I have a 3 & a half hour train journey so I'm hoping that will help me to not go crazy and eat all the food I can get my hands on. So excited to finally start this lifestyle, I became aware of it because of an article about the Horizon program that I read a week or so ago. Due to my living situation I was unable to start straight away and now I can't wait! I have a stressful week ahead of me as I'm moving apartments and also starting a new job so I'm hoping it will all help to distract me from the hunger of a dd!

Not sure yet if I'll follow the ad method or the 3:4. I'm tempted to go the whole way but I tend to go out a lot at the weekends and it might be too complicated for me. I'll have to see how I get on.

Start weight should be 70kg, just need to check on my own scales when I get home. I also want to track my measurements so that I can monitor my nsv as well to make sure I don't get disheartened and give up. Shall add those tomorrow depending on whether I can find my tape measure in all my packing!

Excited to be starting this journey with you, fingers crossed its a successful one :)

Breakfast: yog 78 cals
Peach 38 cals
Mint tea

On the train now. Planning to nap for the next 3 hours to distract me from my rumbley tummy!

Good luck Lucy, I am newbie this week too. Keep reading the site, it really helps encourage you and everyone here is so supportive and full of good advice. Will keep my eye on your progress. x;)

So it turns out I couldn't handle moving apartments, starting a new job and fast at the same time. It's all been so stressful!

TODAY is my new start! Have been up since 8am and only had a cup of tea. The hunger comes and goes but so far it hasn't been so bad. Just waiting to start work now. Will have a little bit of veg/salad or fruit for lunch. Dinner will be a small portion of red thai curry, need to check calorie content first to see just how small it will be!

I spent my summer in Bordeaux!

Managed to last today, had a meal at lunch instead of dinner as planned but I feel like that might be my best option to keep me powered in work. Completely knackered now so heading to bed. Hasn't been anywhere near as hard as I thought it would be, feeling positive about being able to keep this up!

I thought that an UD would be easy peasy but it was actually a bit hard to shake myself from the "ooh I shouldn't be eating this!" mindset that I've had for who knows how long. So liberating to be able to add a spoon of confiture du lait in my fat free yoghurt this morning! Am now sat with a cup of tea and a couple of Cadbury Heroes. Yum! Should probably reign it in a bit now to make sure I don't go OTT.

2nd DD. I think it is going ok, had to guesstimate the calories for my main meal. Just had a bowl of peas as an evening snack. Going to brew up some tea and carry on unpacking to distract me from wanting to eat.

Had 2 UD's and today is now my 3rd DD. it shall be interesting as I have a hangover and I usually eat myself silly on days like these! I had hoped to refrain from weighing myself often but I've been doing it every day, so far it's saying a 1kg loss and fingers crossed I can keep that up. Worrying a bit that I'm eating too much on my UD's but I'll wait until Wednesday and see what my official weight loss for the week will be.

Sunday: turned my DD into an ID
Monday: UD
Tuesday: attempted DD turned into an UD
Wednesday: UD

Basically I've just been eating whatever I wanted. I'm not beating myself up enough to get disheartened but just enough to get myself back on the wagon. Fast again tomorrow. Going to sit down with my diary now and make a plan, work out how much weight loss I can healthily achieve by my birthday at the end of October. Give me the motivation to keep at it. Don't want to be all blobby and wobbly on my 25th birthday! Also need to get exercising again.

Weighed in again today but wasn't expecting a loss because I've not really followed the plan properly. But it came up as 70kg which is a 1kg loss or just over 2lbs. I'm so pleased! Definitely motivation to keep me going.

I've worked out that if I stick to a 1kg a week loss then I can shift 6kg in time for my birthday. Hopefully then I'll be feeling more comfortable with myself and, fingers crossed, be more toned and less lumpy! Getting back into exercising tomorrow. Start the 30DS again and also try a yoga DVD I have as well. Ideally I'd like to get up and running again but ive yet to find somewhere I'm comfortable running (and coming home from whilst looking a sweaty mess!). So that's something I can aim to do on my day off, find a nice running area and plan a route home that will avoid being seen too much! At least in my new apartment I can bounce around doing an exercise DVD without my downstairs neighbours thinking a herd of elephants had escaped!

Now that I'm settling into my new job and new apartment I think I can now take back control so that I won't keep on turning DDs into UDs. I've realised that I have a bit of spare time in the morning which means I can go and do a quick food shop to last me a few days. Get fresh fruit and veg. My new kitchen is tiny and so I'm not able to do big weekly shops as I have nowhere to store all the food. So I can head out in the morning and get what I will need for 2 UDs. I won't need to buy any food for my DDs as I eat my daily meal at work and so use the food that is there. This diet should save me a bit of money as well! Just need to get myself organised and then everything should fall into place. Now that I know what I'm doing it all feels a bit easier.

Today is a DD. had a breakfast of tea. Lunch has been rice and ratatouille. It was so nice to have a bit of portion control. I gave myself a measured amount and when I finished I stopped myself from getting more and it turns out I was satisfied. Normally I'd have taken more and then possibly more when actually I don't need to. It feels like such a revelation! I still have 215 calories left but shall try and hold until the end of the day and try not to use them so as to make up for me going off track on Tuesday.

Feeling very positive!

Back