Nurse recomended Dukan diet! Veggie?

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by poppygirl, 9 March 2011 Social URL.

1. poppygirl

poppygirl Full Member

Diet:
    Been on many, returning to WW!
    Hiya, I have just been to the nurse for my contraception and she asked my weight and I said I was 12 1/2 stone but was 9 1/2 this time last year. I did the cd and lost weight but have since struggled to keep it off. I have dabbled with sw, ww, exante since then. I said I was planning to join ww again tomorrow and she said what about the Dukan diet as it's meant to be one of the best?

That really surprised me so now I am doing a bit of research. I remember reading about this diet last year but remember thinking as a veggie it wouldn't be suitable.

What's the general weight loss on this diet?

Any advice welcome :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    Hello.
    I would suggest getting the book, either purchase it or ask if your library has a copy? Im unsure re the veggie side of it, but there are some on here that are veggie (bren is one if you look in the diary section).
    It is a very high protein/low carb diet and is VERY strict, But really does work.
    Hopefully someone else on here will be able to help more. x

Mini likes this.
  4. jaqys

jaqys Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    low carb
    Are you strict veggie no fish?
    if so then its probably not the diet for you unless youre happy with eating a lot of tofu and eggs.

5. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    We have one veggie poster, Bren (go to our Diary section perhaps and read). It's very hard to find enough variety in the proteins allowed on this diet as a vegetarian.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.