• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Nurse recomended Dukan diet! Veggie?

Hiya, I have just been to the nurse for my contraception and she asked my weight and I said I was 12 1/2 stone but was 9 1/2 this time last year. I did the cd and lost weight but have since struggled to keep it off. I have dabbled with sw, ww, exante since then. I said I was planning to join ww again tomorrow and she said what about the Dukan diet as it's meant to be one of the best?

That really surprised me so now I am doing a bit of research. I remember reading about this diet last year but remember thinking as a veggie it wouldn't be suitable.

What's the general weight loss on this diet?

Any advice welcome :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

LVLLM

Gold Member
C: 11st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 25.3
Hello.
I would suggest getting the book, either purchase it or ask if your library has a copy? Im unsure re the veggie side of it, but there are some on here that are veggie (bren is one if you look in the diary section).
It is a very high protein/low carb diet and is VERY strict, But really does work.
Hopefully someone else on here will be able to help more. x

jaqys

Gold Member
S: 18st7lb G: 10st7lb
Are you strict veggie no fish?
if so then its probably not the diet for you unless youre happy with eating a lot of tofu and eggs.

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
S: 141kg C: 49.9kg G: 36.3kg BMI: 17.7 Loss: 91.1kg(64.62%)
We have one veggie poster, Bren (go to our Diary section perhaps and read). It's very hard to find enough variety in the proteins allowed on this diet as a vegetarian.