Nyssa's Diary - am going down! :-)

nyssa88

Silver Member
Hi all a bit about me first im Nyssa 23 and mummy to a 6month old.

I recently lost 3stone in 12 weeks on a vlcd i took a break and am now really struggling to get back on it so have decided to use calorie counting and feel that this will work well in the long term.

A few years ago i was 17stone 7lbs and dropped down to 14stone 7lbs using calorie counting and exercise so i know it does work.

I think i may get a bit disheartened by not having big losses like vlcd but i am eating food and trying to make a lifestyle change so have to get this into my head.

Im aiming for 2lbs a week loss but would be happy with 1lb, i weighed in this morning at 161.6lbs.

I do have some shakes and bars left from my vlcd so will use them with my cc as dont want to waste them, i will update later with todays food :)

First day has gone really well

Breakfast - 155cals
Slim&save shake made into a mousse

Lunch - 279cals
Chicken tikka wrap with mayo and tomato

Dinner - 624cals
Beef steak with new potatoes and a side salad

Snacks - 129cals
Slim&save white chicolate and lemon bar

Drinks - 53cals
159mls skimmed milk

Total cals for today 1240cals so under my 1400cal limit and am really pleased with that.

Dinner for tomorrow is already planned and over 800cals so need to be really careful with my calories before hand but loving the fact i can plan my meals ahead with mfp and basically eat what i like within reason :)

Thanks ladies, today was a pretty good day I went over by 30cals but I'm not fretting over it as 30cals is nothing and I went for a long walk with the pram today around London so I'm sure it's burnt off.

I knew yesterday I was having a high calorie dinner so had to be careful with the food in the daytime and am quite pleased with myself as when I was on my vlcd I would crave crap and binge on it but now I can eat 'crap' I dont want it lol

So here's how today's food went totalling 1430 Cals

Breakfast - 165 cals
Slim and save shake made into a mousse

Lunch - 254 cals
Chicken tikka wrap with Mayo and tomato

Dinner - 718 cals
Lamb shank in minted gravy with new potatoes and mixed veg

Snacks - 240 cals
Slim and save Truffa bar
Weight watchers mousse

Drinks - 53 cals
150mls skimmed milk

I know I should be having at least 1 piece of fruit as a snack as that would also save me some calories but have none in the house so wi stock up tomorrow, DH has been in a mood this evening so instead of starting a row and then turning food I have come to bed with a bottle if water and going to watch spooks on my phone untill I fall asleep, night all :) xxx

I found an old pic of me a few years ago when i was 16st7 im now 11st5 so thought i would share, its making me so much more determined to lose the last 2stone x

ForumRunner_20120605_190158.jpg

ForumRunner_20120605_190209.jpg

Wow you look really different I wouldn't even guess it was the same person in both pictures x

I just cant beleive how big i was and how different i do look but i was about 19 in the first pic and am 23 now x

Thank you :)

Today has gone really well and am so surprised as i havnt been hungry!

Total calories for today 1086

Didnt have breakfast as before i knew it was lunch time and wasnt hungry.

Lunch - 239cals
Chicken tikka wrap

Dinner - 479 cals
Iceland chicken biryani ready meal it was low in calories and so filling it was a big bowl full!
Weight watchers chocolate mousse

Snacks - 315cals
Bag of nik nak crisp
Caramel crunch protein bar

Drinks - 53 cals
150mls milk

DH bought 2 big fat fresh cream eclairs home and kept asking if i wanted one, i love cream cakes and strangely wasnt even tempted by up lucky for me as when i checked the box it was 330cals!

Didnt manage to get on here to update for the past 2days but have stuck to my calorie limit.

First weigh in is sunday so fingers crossed for a loss x

Found you :)
Diarys lookin good hun well done, Gonna pinch some of ur meal idea ;) xxx

Thanks, i am trying to cook healthy meals from scratch but as me and the oh eat seperate anyway (hes from the middle east and uses alot of oil and salt!) its sometimes easier to use a microwave meal or something from the freezer but want to get cooking food soryed ready for when my lo is on 3 solid meals aday x

I'm the same my other half loves all full fat stuff, I have wraps and get bored but like wudnt think of tikka wraps hmmmm :D will be havin some of them! Did u just buy like tikka chicken xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Iceland have bags of ready cooked chicken breast pieces in plain, tikka, southern fried etc and just pop in microwave for 3mins x

Ohhhh brilliant I shall be investing in them!! Any more Iceland bargains?? Lol xx

Lol well some of their ready meals are low in calories and huge portions for £1!

I havnt been up in a while though, i need to stock up so will get up there over the weekend, oh they have their own cornetto type ice creans 6 for £1 and only about 30calories more than the ww ones and bigger! X

Wow-you have done soooooo well hun, you should be so proud of yourself ;0)

Hope to check out Iceland next week :) I only ever buy Ice Creams from there for hubby will have a proper look when i go :)

Ohhh lovely I shall keep my eyes open this weekend :D xxx

Back