O-T: Anyone been to Turkey?

HellieCopter

Gold Member
We are planning a late summer/early autumn holiday and are thinking of the Med side of Turkey - Kalkan and that area. Anyone got any experience round there? Always good to get recommendations. Currently spending my lunch hour scouring Trip Advisor.

Also, come October, I WILL BE AT TARGET and thus look amazing in a bikini! LOL!

Thanks!!

H x

Went to Marmaris in 2005. Beaches wonderful, good restaurants, they do pester you to give you menus, but if you politely tell them you have eaten, they'll just give you a copy and ask you to consider them tomorrow.
Lots of things to do, take a trip to the Turkish baths, sauna, steam room scrub & massage it cost us then £12 for half a day for 4 of us. A day out to Turtle beach and the mud baths was £24 for 4 lunch included. I expect prices are higher now, but the street vendors will still be cheaper than your tour op.
It is also the fake designer place, I got a lovely "Gucci" handbag for £10.
If you go I hope you have a great time.

hi ive been to ishmella near marmaris but its a lot smaller and quieter everything shuts at 12 because the police check on the noise but it was great good food nice beaches best holiday ive ever had only been to spain befor that much prefer turkey

How odd.. me and OH are currently deciding between cyprus, turkey or mexico... so far im winning with mexico .. whoo hoo lol

i cant wait, but if anyone has any good advise on turkey or anywhere else id love to hear it also!

also working hard to shift my last few pounds and tone up in time for a bikini :D x

We were ment to be going to Marmaris in Sept, but today we found out the holiday company we booked it with went bust! We are deciding whether to re-book same area or just give it a miss and replace our TV that got stolen when we were burgled a few weeks ago....grr...I wana go but I wana new TV lmao x

Cant really add anything current as I have not been for about 8 years now but previously have been to Marmaris, Bodrum, Gumbet, Cesme, Calis and Kusedasi, think we went for close to 7 years in a row lol Always was pleased with the atmosphere, excellent for fake cheap stuff (I think my ex is still using a pair of Oakley sunglasses we bought there in our honeymoon in 1998 lol) the food was good, plenty of places for days out, the boat trips are especially nice.

I'll be eagerly looking out for more recent reviews now I am back in work and may be able to have a holiday next year!

Ooh good info everyone thanks!

Thanks for ideas on things to do Magliz - would love to do the turkish bath and I hadn't even thought about the knock of gear potential!!

Fern I'd LOVE to go to Mexico, but funds do not stretch that far. Also *oink* *achoo* lol!

Because it's early October it should be a good temperature but not too hot for OH, who is not a sun lover like moi. We aren't party animals...too old for that now! We like a nice meal out and couple of bottles of wine...er, I mean, water. So that's why we thought round Kalkan and Kas, that kind of area would suit us.
I like little apartments and small hotels rather than big complexes. I have seen quite a lot I like on Owners Direct!

I just want to go now, not in October!

Ooh good info everyone thanks!

Thanks for ideas on things to do Magliz - would love to do the turkish bath and I hadn't even thought about the knock of gear potential!!

Fern I'd LOVE to go to Mexico, but funds do not stretch that far. Also *oink* *achoo* lol!

Because it's early October it should be a good temperature but not too hot for OH, who is not a sun lover like moi. We aren't party animals...too old for that now! We like a nice meal out and couple of bottles of wine...er, I mean, water. So that's why we thought round Kalkan and Kas, that kind of area would suit us.
I like little apartments and small hotels rather than big complexes. I have seen quite a lot I like on Owners Direct!

I just want to go now, not in October!

LOL, i wanna go now too! .. Iv always awanted to go to mexico, and we'v found a great deal with first choice, mexico, all in clusive 5 star hotel for £1450 All together. Which although is alot of money i really think will be worth it! ahhh, either that or we'v found a 4 star holiday all inclusive in cyprus east, for £1400.. or turkey all inclusive 4 star for £1300.. so were all abit torn atm! LOL

but deffinatly booking this w.e coming after OH parents, who are holiday fanatics ahve looked at the deals to tell us what they think.. Fingers crossed for mexico.. whoooooooo! lol.. xx

Back