O/T ... anyone know if I can report this website?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dancing, 16 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I bought a magic bullet blender online. Thought there was something a bit odd when I received the confirmation email as it had a grammatical error in it (wrong word actually). I paid for it on 5 June via something called nochex (that was the only way they would accept payment) but using a credit card.

Emailed today as I hadn't received it. No reply. Just typed their website address in and there is no website at that address (www.oyeshop.co.uk).

Anyone know if I can do anything about it?

....... just did a google search for oye shop and nochex ... results come up but clicking on them all lead to domain name page. I guess they got loads of money from fools like me and closed down the site

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Sorry to hear this Dancing, I dont know how you would go about reporting it but I would definitely not let it go, and dont let it put you off getting the magic bullet it is fantastic!

Actually I got mine in my local supermarket under the name amazing bullet, but exactly the same as advertised on TV infomercials.

4. nursedi

nursedi di

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
  5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

nursedi - you trying to get 50 posts??? :)

6. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Firstly, did you let your credit card company know you have been charged fraudulently? It would be a good idea to contact them. After that I am not honestly sure where you should go, Citizens Advice perhaps?

Sorry to hear about this, but its not your fault. There are so many fraudsters out there.....

7. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    Its a shame.. cos when this happens.. who do we contact? how many people do you think get done out of money on the internet.. you would have thought there would be some body to help.. you know.. If its on your credit card.. you can get it back cant you? (i know nothing about it.. lol)

and yeah i think she wants her 50 posts *gives her a few*

x x

8. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

You can't report the website.

You can contact your credit card company and obtain a refund for the purchase.

Also contact Nochex (which AFAIK is legitimate as I have had an account with them for about 4 years)

HTHs

9. SuffolkGuy

SuffolkGuy Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    HI Dancing - the domain is registered to a company called Bluefold Ltd. A google search on that name brought up this page;

BLUEFOLD LIMITED - BLUEFOLD LTD-OYE

Sounds like you're not the only one. I would report it to your Bank (credit card) and also Trading Standards.

*******s!

10. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23%)
    Diet:
    W8
    If you've paid by Credit not Debit card you should get a refund from your card company.

Nochex is a real company if you follow this link Nochex Shopper Support it tells you what to do if you've paid for goods through the system and things have gone wrong.

Hope this helps

Carol x

11. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    It's fraud. Report it to the police

12. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks for your help everyone. I'll do as you suggested - thanks for that link Carol and thanks to you suffolkguy for your link. on the case now

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.