O/T Anyone recommend a good laptop?

Amanda71

Silver Member
I know it's totally off topic but anyone recommend a good one. Not planning on replacing the desktop just yet but still want as much as I can for my money!
All the things I've read say buy the best you can as they're really difficult to upgrade.
Has anyone got a Samsung R510? If so, what do you think?(can't find any customer reviews but the R700 is raved about-don't need a 17" screen on my lap though! lol) Currys have one on special at £499 and I'm really tempted :)
Any help appreciated :)

Hi recently bought a Fujitsu siemens amilo .Really pleased with it it only has a 15.4 screen but I do know they do higher spec ones that I think had bigger screens .This one was £279 from staples and think comet and pc world do them too .Just ask them to let you play on the laptop in store to see how you like it .This one has a decent sized mouse pad thingy some have tiny ones I cant use or one had a stick thing couldnt work that at all .You will love the lying in bed and chatting on here a laptop allows you :D

Well, I came back from the shops £500 poorer lol Bought the R510. Will be getting wireless broadband in a couple of weeks so will have to stay on the desktop for surfing until then. Managed to get 4 hours of NVQ3 coursework in and peer over the top to watch a film and X Factor so I'm very happy :D

Back