o/t applied for another job today....

pinkyfluff

Grappling with life
I have been applying for jobs for months and get as far as interviews then I get a "thanks but no thanks" letter. There is always someone who has more recent experience - thats what I got for taking time out when I had my son a good few years back!

Anyway I applied for another job today, in a shop, not the area I was initially looking for, but the ad said "a love of shoes and handbags essential" In that respect I am qualified!

Fingers crossed I hear back for an interview.

x

Good Luck! I'm sure you'll be fab! :)
x

Aww fingers crossed hunnie - I completely understand what its like trying to get a job, I've been trying the same for months too. I get the same thing - either no reply at all or a thanks but no thanks letter :rolleyes: Its very disheartening and annoying when you know you could do the job with your eyes closed anyway!

Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - keep us updated! :)

The waiting's definitely the hardest bit! :(
I'm on the other end of the scale though - I have a job, but can't start it until my CRB check's been completed. It's currently in its 5th week and I'm SO bored, I just want to start teaching!

Eeek! How frustrating for you - 5 weeks - how long does it take in total, is it 6 or 8 weeks?

It can be any time between 4 and 8. Once it's at stage four (which mine is at) it's physically at the police station and they have 60 days from the day they receive it. They got it on the 11th of October, so technically they have until Dec 11th to process it. So infuriating :(

It can be any time between 4 and 8. Once it's at stage four (which mine is at) it's physically at the police station and they have 60 days from the day they receive it. They got it on the 11th of October, so technically they have until Dec 11th to process it. So infuriating :(
Aw its such a long time to make you wait, you'd think there would be a quick way to do it wouldn't you. I hope they don't keep you waiting very much longer and it comes through quicker than you think. Although December 11th isn't that far away now so hopefully it will fly over.

Bet you just can't wait to start!

I can't wait. I've had to go back to my student job at Wetherspoons to stop me from dying from starvation. I'd be skinny then!!

My start date for School was the 5th October. So It's dragging out now. And it's only a maternity til April. So the longer it is, the less it seems worth it!
But I'm sure that when i'm there I'll love it! :)

x

Oooh exciting hbb. Are you an NQT or not taught in a while? What age are you teaching? That CRB will be here in no time. Think mine took about 6 weeks but a colleauge of mines took a lot longer as she had moved house quite a lot.

Job hunting is no fun eh!

x

A Music NQT. I've just finished Uni, so I've moved every year! Although, 4 of those are within the same police area which helps!x

I can't wait. I've had to go back to my student job at Wetherspoons to stop me from dying from starvation. I'd be skinny then!!

My start date for School was the 5th October. So It's dragging out now. And it's only a maternity til April. So the longer it is, the less it seems worth it!
But I'm sure that when i'm there I'll love it! :)

x
Well be sure to let us know when you can start! :) x

I will do!
Especially when I'm on here moaning about how bad Year 8s are! :D

I will do!
Especially when I'm on here moaning about how bad Year 8s are! :D
Haha :D I'll look forward to hearing what the 'orrible little lot get up to :p

Quite lucky that at this school Year Nine are on a 3 year GCSE programme. So the normal nightmare years are a bit more manageable! I just hope Year 8s don't become the new Year 9s! (Wow - what geeky teacher talk!)

I have been applying for jobs for months and get as far as interviews then I get a "thanks but no thanks" letter. There is always someone who has more recent experience - thats what I got for taking time out when I had my son a good few years back!
Anyway I applied for another job today, in a shop, not the area I was initially looking for, but the ad said "a love of shoes and handbags essential" In that respect I am qualified!
Fingers crossed I hear back for an interview.
x

Good luck hun! xx

Quite lucky that at this school Year Nine are on a 3 year GCSE programme. So the normal nightmare years are a bit more manageable! I just hope Year 8s don't become the new Year 9s! (Wow - what geeky teacher talk!)
I expect they will - just to try your patience :D And at least you're well trained in the geeky teacher talk :p

Back