Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

O/T Excited

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Minders, 13 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I just bought my first new car! I've never had anything other than old bangers but I had a hire car on holiday back in March and realised how much better modern cars are. I could barely drive my old car when I got back in it! Ever since then I decided that I've had old cars long enough and I deserve a new one. And I've been searching and researching and test driving... God, what an ordeal! So much to know! Anyway, I finally decided on the new Nissan Micra. I've been holding out to get the best deal and I finally found a top of the range, 2008 Micra, very low mileage (ex Nissan staff car), at a very competitive price (which I still got him to knock a bit off of! ;) ) and I signed the papers yesterday. I pick it up on Monday. I'm very excited! My first ever (nearly) new car! Woo hoooo!:character00238:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Yay that is great minders, bet you are really chuft x

4. henna!

henna! I can do this............

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(17.09%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I think there is nothing better than a new car! I used to have a old punto which got written off by a drunk driver who decided to crash into it whilst i was at work, he then ran off cheers!! After that i had a brand new golf as a hire car and i loved it, but like you decided i could not go back to an old banger! So me and the oh decided to go for a new shape astra. Its not brand new its an 05 plate but i absolutly love it!
    I hope you enjoy your new car and well done on getting a good deal on it, some off these car salemen are really hard on the price!!

5. Vodkamonster

Vodkamonster Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    I need to take a leaf out of your book and start looking around....

Happy new car!!

6. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My advice to you is DO YOUR RESEARCH. I also Googled "how to negotiate a car deal". Learned about all the tricks they use to reel you in, and how to use those tricks right back at them! It really helped me a lot. I played them at their own game and feel really happy about the deal I got as a result. A car is a big investment, so make sure you don't let anyone convince you to do something you're not happy with!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.