1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Help! What to wear?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by PinkToaster, 24 June 2009 Social URL.

1. PinkToaster

PinkToaster Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World - Everyday is a green day!
    I'm going to a funeral of a close family friend on friday and the widow has requested that people don't wear black. This leaves me worried about what to do as all I own are jeans and black work trousers!
    I don't own anything smartish so I'm off shopping tomorrow. I'd wear a skirt but I'm so self conscious I'd rather stick to trousers. I was thinking a tunic type thing but that trend seems to be over sadly. It has to be something comfortable as I will be at their house afterwards.

Help anyone? Colours/styles any help would be appreciated.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Start Weight:
    103.19kg
    Current Weight:
    100.47kg
    Goal Weight:
    92.53kg
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry about your news. How about some 3/4 trousers and a floaty tunic top? Sounds like these are people who are full of joy so i think they'll not mind! Good luck.

4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Next have some lovely dresses which are too short to wear as dresses (for me) but are nice over linen trousers.

5. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry for your loss *hugs*

I was at my Gran's funeral last week and she didn't want us to wear black, but I did on the bottom - black trousers. I teamed it with a red top (her fave colour). I wanted to respect her wishes but not look like I was off to a party kinda thing.

If you want coloured trousers, why not some soft grey pinstriped (flattering hehe) and a soft pink top? I love those colours together xxx

6. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    First, I'm sorry for your loss :hug99:
    Don't wear anythingto bright or vibrant. Pastel colours are always good. A lost sleeved top or turtleneck with black/grey trousers, a nice jacket and flat shoes might be a way to go.

I'm not an expert at fashion, but it's an idea!

7. Emz118

Emz118 Desperate to be slim!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry to hear about your family friend hun.

Find a colour that suits you, and a style you like!!!
    There are lots of nice 3/4 trousers and linen mix trousers about at the moment, and I have seen quite a few tunic type tops.

Maybe if you feel most comfortable in black, something plum coloured or a darker shade of blue might be an idea?

Emma xXx

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If you feel comfortable in a tunic top wear it. I didnt wear black at my dads funeral, I wore a black skirt and a very purple coloured long top, something I felt comfortable in and liked.

9. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I would go for a nice summer dress,there are so many to choose from, trust me no-one will be looking at what you are wearing anyway,so just as long as you feel comfortable/smart. Its always the first thing we think of when an occasion comes up.'what shall I wear' but its not the most important ,its time for familys and friends to support each other.x

10. virgo149

virgo149 Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with Eye, it's not what you are wearing but that you will be there to pay your respects. At my sister's funeral earlier this year I wore a grey skirt, black top and a lovely bright red jacket - I just knew she would approve.

If you struggle with the shopping, your black trousers with a lovely new top - in any colour - would be more than acceptable.

I hope your day goes OK.

11. skinny_fi

skinny_fi Full Member

how about a maxi dress with a cardi to cover your shoulders.