1. Dismiss Notice
  2. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Help! What to wear?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by PinkToaster, 24 June 2009 Social URL.

1. PinkToaster

PinkToaster Well-Known Member

I'm going to a funeral of a close family friend on friday and the widow has requested that people don't wear black. This leaves me worried about what to do as all I own are jeans and black work trousers!
    I don't own anything smartish so I'm off shopping tomorrow. I'd wear a skirt but I'm so self conscious I'd rather stick to trousers. I was thinking a tunic type thing but that trend seems to be over sadly. It has to be something comfortable as I will be at their house afterwards.

Help anyone? Colours/styles any help would be appreciated.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Sorry about your news. How about some 3/4 trousers and a floaty tunic top? Sounds like these are people who are full of joy so i think they'll not mind! Good luck.

4. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

Next have some lovely dresses which are too short to wear as dresses (for me) but are nice over linen trousers.

5. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Sorry for your loss *hugs*

I was at my Gran's funeral last week and she didn't want us to wear black, but I did on the bottom - black trousers. I teamed it with a red top (her fave colour). I wanted to respect her wishes but not look like I was off to a party kinda thing.

If you want coloured trousers, why not some soft grey pinstriped (flattering hehe) and a soft pink top? I love those colours together xxx

6. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

First, I'm sorry for your loss :hug99:
    Don't wear anythingto bright or vibrant. Pastel colours are always good. A lost sleeved top or turtleneck with black/grey trousers, a nice jacket and flat shoes might be a way to go.

I'm not an expert at fashion, but it's an idea!

7. Emz118

Emz118 Desperate to be slim!

Sorry to hear about your family friend hun.

Find a colour that suits you, and a style you like!!!
    There are lots of nice 3/4 trousers and linen mix trousers about at the moment, and I have seen quite a few tunic type tops.

Maybe if you feel most comfortable in black, something plum coloured or a darker shade of blue might be an idea?

Emma xXx

8. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

If you feel comfortable in a tunic top wear it. I didnt wear black at my dads funeral, I wore a black skirt and a very purple coloured long top, something I felt comfortable in and liked.

9. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

I would go for a nice summer dress,there are so many to choose from, trust me no-one will be looking at what you are wearing anyway,so just as long as you feel comfortable/smart. Its always the first thing we think of when an occasion comes up.'what shall I wear' but its not the most important ,its time for familys and friends to support each other.x

10. virgo149

virgo149 Active Member

I agree with Eye, it's not what you are wearing but that you will be there to pay your respects. At my sister's funeral earlier this year I wore a grey skirt, black top and a lovely bright red jacket - I just knew she would approve.

If you struggle with the shopping, your black trousers with a lovely new top - in any colour - would be more than acceptable.

I hope your day goes OK.

11. skinny_fi

skinny_fi Well-Known Member

how about a maxi dress with a cardi to cover your shoulders.